- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Simulation Instructor Admin
This position is no longer available.
Simulation Instructor Admin
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Facilitate the daily operations of the Simulation Training and Applied Research (STAR) Center as an environment that supports high level teaching and learning experiences for undergraduate and graduate students. Oversee and participate in the delivery of simulation experiences and the operation of human patient simulations (HPS) throughout the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS) and Keigwin School of Nursing program. Facilitate the development and delivery of simulation experiential learning experiences for contractual community partners.
- Collaborate with faculty in developing ideas for innovative research, designing study protocol, and preparing logistics for IRB approval, initiation and implementation of research study on simulation education methods.
- Collaborate and implement with the STAR Director simulation learning experiences in the STAR Center.
- Collaborate with the STAR Director and establish procedures for the use of equipment, supplies, materials, and other items used.
- Provide for the general cleanliness and security of the laboratory. Appropriately dispose of hazardous materials for OSHA standards.
- Manage and direct operation of manikin simulators to facilitate the use of Standardized Patients (SP’s) in healthcare training in all programs in the BRCHS and Keigwin School of Nursing program.
- Engage and facilitate faculty development in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of new course, scenarios, simulation tools, and other educational initiative to promote and measure student learning outcomes
- Simulation scenarios assembly of supplies and development of case scenarios for simulation appropriate for various levels of the programs.
- Evaluate students' learning and skill acquisition and integrate guided reflection into post-simulation debriefings.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and resolve issues related to simulation equipment.
- Participate in grant and contractual related activities as designated.
- Remain current with developments in the field of simulation technology and learning theory.
- Maintain records of all simulation activities in an electronic database format.
- Participate in professional development and attend professional meetings.
- Attend scheduled BRCHS and School of Nursing meetings and activities as deemed necessary.
- Participate in recruitment and public relation activities of the School of Nursing and BRCHS events.
- Participate in University, BRCHS and Simulation organization committees.
- Collaborate with and facilitate across the university campus inter-disciplinary infusion of simulation into courses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- 12-month, full-time Simulation Instructor.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Computer literate
- Grant writing and research experience
- Innovative EVB simulation curriculum development, implementation, and use of simulation technology
- Ability to evaluate nursing students in the teaching/learning lab environment.
- Knowledge of effective teaching techniques and curriculum development.
- Skill in facilitating development of student problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty and staff.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Physical lifting ability of simulation manikins and equipment up to 80 lbs.
No Latex Allergy
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) required from an accredited institution. PhD from an accredited institution preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Five years of clinical nursing.
Two years of Interdisciplinary EVB simulation and curriculum development including proficiency in the operation of simulation manikins, scenarios, debriefing and recording equipment
Clinical expertise in one of the following specialty areas:
Medical Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care
Previous work with Simulation use and scenario development/instruction
Previous teaching experience
Grant research and writing experience
Unencumbered current Florida nursing license or is eligible to obtain a nursing license in the state of Florida.
Current BLS, and ACLS
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and
potential, a CV, JU employment application, background check authorization, three
letters of reference, and unofficial or official transcripts via electronic email.
Sally Lynch, Executive Administrator to the Dean