- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Simulation Assistant Admin
Simulation Assistant Admin
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
Position Reports To:
Dean, College of Brooks Rehabilitation Healthcare Sciences and Simulation Training and Applied Research Director
The Simulation Assistant works in a team-based environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences to assist the Simulation Training and Applied Research (STAR) Director in the operation and maintenance of the nursing lab. The Simulation Assistant will also serve as a resource for use of the STAR Center by all Jacksonville University and BRCHS faculty and students. Hours may vary by semester, but may include evening and occasional weekend hours. The Simulation Assistant will be responsible for maintaining and fostering all partnerships and community contractual agreements.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in simulation assembly of supplies and equipment for Jacksonville University and contractual community related activities.
- Assist in maintaining nursing lab supplies, stocking and inventory orders.
- Work in collaboration with student nursing lab assistants and volunteers under direction of STAR Director.
- Serves as resource for student, faculty and community partner inquiries.
- Monitor use of lab and equipment and assist with check out of approved materials
- Assist with keeping lab clean and presentable.
- Effectively communicate, manage and schedule all STAR Center use requests both internally and externally.
- Update and maintain STAR Center usage statistics and attendance logs.
- Update and maintain equipment warranty logs.
- Schedule and maintain sharps disposal per agency pick up.
- Communicate with community contractual agreement partners for contract schedules, supplies, contract renewals, inquiries and as deemed necessary.
- Establish and develop community relationships for the growth of the University.
- Provide tours of the STAR center as deemed necessary.
- Assist as deemed necessary in simulation activities.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Exhibits professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer literate
- Excel literate
- Power Point literate
- Works well independently and with minimum direction
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Some off campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Physical lifting ability of simulation manikins and equipment up to 80 lbs.
- No Latex Allergy
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) from an accredited institution. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution preferred.
- Unencumbered current Florida LPN License or is eligible to obtain a nursing license in the state of Florida.
- Five years of clinical nursing.
- Current BLS
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a
CV, JU employment application, background check authorization, three letters of reference,
and unofficial or official transcripts via electronic email.
Sally Lynch, Executive Administrator to the Dean