Senior Graphic Designer
This position is no longer available.
Senior Graphic Designer
Marketing and Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications senior graphic designer provides creative leadership and vision for innovative visual content that successfully communicates Jacksonville University's unique and evolving story. The senior graphic designer works with the Office of Marketing and Communications team and external vendors to craft the University's visual branding strategy across all media. This position supports the ideation, creation, and production of marketing materials in both print and digital media. This position reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
Essential Job Duties
- Execute high-quality print and digital graphic work for all areas of campus including academics, enrollment, advancement, etc., as needed. Projects may include but are not limited to brand campaigns, publications, event/conference materials, social media graphics, programs, advertisements, promotional materials, and signage.
- Ensure all visual assets adhere to overall university brand standards and best practices while delivering innovative and quality work.
- Providing overarching design strategy in collaboration with creative marketing and web marketing coordinators for marketing campaigns that can be executed on social media, digital advertising, and website designs.
- Design high impact marketing pieces to recruit undergraduate students, solicit contributions from high-level donors, and support presentations by University administrators.
- Create graphic design templates for groups across campus like corporate proposals, admission pieces, and event flyers.
- Provide artistic direction of advertising placed by JU in external media.
- Manage freelance photographers/videographers and art direct photoshoots.
- Provide creative direction and review part-time graphic designers, freelancers, agency, photographers, and student workers to assure that all pieces are created on brand and at the highest quality.
- Manage relationships with print vendors.
- Work with other marketing and communication team members to maintain a consistent visual identity.
- Manage and update the University Brand Guidelines.
- Act as a brand liaison/resource for the campus community.
- Create assets to support successful brand representation across campus.
- Manage the Digital Asset Management system.
WAVE Magazine Production
- Act as design director for the twice a year alumni magazine working with the Senior Director of Public Relations and News to create a quality, multi-purpose piece.
- Manage print production and mailing.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Work Experience
- Five years of experience or demonstrated equivalency in communications, marketing, graphic design or related fields.
- Be highly creative
- Have a thorough understanding of design principles, typography, photography, and print production.
- Be an excellent communicator who can draft and edit communications for multiple channels across campus.
- Maintain an expert-level of proficiency with digital and print content development tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Be able to work collaboratively with all members of the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as other offices across campus.
- Be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary).
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, please send application material to Katie Jackson, Director of Digital Marketing.