Senior Director of Engagement & Annual Philanthropy
This position is no longer available.
Sr. Director of engagement & Annual Philanthropy
The Sr. Director is responsible for overseeing a comprehensive program that engages alumni, parents and families, friends and fans of the University with the ultimate goal of growing our pool of Annual Fund donors. Departmental duties include developing relevant programs and services, managing the activities of volunteers as well as coordinating the activities of the President’s Parent’s Council and alumni advisory councils including GOLD Phins (Graduates of the Last Decade). It is the responsibility of the Sr. Director to plan and execute appropriate strategies to promote the idea of “Dolphins for Life” – creating meaningful ties beginning as students that will bond alumni to their alma mater over time including reunions, solicitations online and print, and proven engagement activities.
Essential Job Duties
- Develop programs and services for alumni to engage fellow grads with the University on multiple platforms – on campus, across the country and digitally beyond traditional borders.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for alumni programming, communications, events, and volunteer support.
- Oversee planning and execution of major annual events; including Homecoming & Family Weekend, Big Green Give, Senior Stroll, Giving Tuesday, Reunions and all engagement
- Build volunteer leadership and engagement of the Dolphin Clubs in key markets.
- Lead strategy for comprehensive, integrated Annual Giving solicitation efforts, focusing on the entire donor cycle: first gift, stewardship, renewal, loyalty
- Focus on recent alumni activation starting with activities of the Student Alumni Association, progressing into a robust GOLD Phin Society and on to Order of the Dolphin and other leadership giving societies.
- Work collaboratively across campus with other administrative offices, University faculty, student affairs and Athletics in particular; as well as with JU students.
- Facilitate recognition of important alumni achievements and milestones including existing awards program and expanding that across the colleges and in athletics.
- Administrative responsibilities including supervising 3-6 office staff, managing the alumni budget, and preparing annual reports of progress.
- Facilitate communication between the University and alumni & parents through social media platforms, electronic and telephone contact, written materials, and personal visits.
- Track and report contacts in the Raiser’s Edge, Advancement’s CRM.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree, graduate work preferred.
- Preferred minimum of five years experience working in higher education, preferably in an office related to Alumni or Development (or comparable experience) and in managing staff and overseeing budgets.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills; familiarity with social media platforms preferred.
- Volunteer management and motivating supervisory skills are highly desirable; we welcome candidates who have led in an environment where people are encouraged to contribute in ways that are meaningful to the mission.
- Project Management abilities and ability to focus in a fast-paced work environment preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with strong initiative and use sound judgment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Please send application materials to Sharon Getz at firstname.lastname@example.org.