In line with Jacksonville University’s focus on innovation and excellence, the next Registrar must possess an ability to work in a fast paced work environment characterized by academic programming growth. The position requires a broad and deep understanding of national best practices regarding academic policy and student records, maintaining record security and accuracy at all times. An understanding of the interfaces of a variety of software systems with Ellucian Colleague is critical to the mission of the University.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage the Registrar’s Office consisting of four (4) professional and three (3) support staff members.
- Maintain the integrity of students and alumni academic records.
- Maintain and improve the implementation of web-based functions that allows greater access to information, while maintaining the safeguards required for security.
- Supervise the processing of transcripts, enrollment verifications and transient study forms.
- Responsible for the publication of the class schedule.
- Coordinate registration and grading for diverse student types: Traditional, Accelerated, and On-Line Undergraduates and Graduate students.
- Conduct training sessions for faculty, administrators and staff on mainframe student information system on-line features.
- Ensures the University compliance with The Family Education Rights and Privacy (FERPA) requirements.
- Oversees the academic certification of NCAA Division I student/athletes.
- Serve on University-wide Committees: Athletic, Curriculum, Calendar, and Graduation.
- Provide statistical reports on enrollment, trends and graduation.
- Conducts duties with integrity and in full compliance with the letter and spirit of all laws, policies, rules and regulations of and governing Jacksonville University and the rules of the NCAA as these are currently constituted or as they may from time to time be amended.
The University seeks the following personal characteristics of the next Registrar:
- one who has a high level of technologic knowledge;
- one who understands the customized components of the Colleague:
- one who will keep Jacksonville University up to date in the area of student listings, i.e., names, gender identity, etc.;
- one who will have a strong voice in the conversations with Academic Affairs and Academic Services to enhance policies and procedures in order to create efficiencies;
- a multi-tasker; one who works well under pressure and is confident;
- one who is student-centric, sensitive to student issues and focused on superb customer service;
- a strategic manager who can see the big picture and offers guidance in promoting efficiencies;
- a manager who is approachable and promotes professional development for the staff at the local, regional, and national levels;
- one understands the importance of transfer credits and efficiencies in communicating to students regarding their transfer credits
Master's degree; five+ years significant, relevant registrarial or enrollment management administrative experience; extensive experience with student records management and technology and automated systems; excellent organizational skills, including ability to originate and implement programmatic enhancements; strong written and oral communication skills; demonstrated skills in effective leadership in development and assessment of academic policies and in staff management; demonstrated success in working collaboratively and enthusiastically with students, faculty, and staff in diverse environment; knowledge of institutional research and demonstrated data analysis and reporting skills; knowledge of federal laws, regulations, and reporting requirements relevant to student records.
Jacksonville University supports the principle of diversity and encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is Jacksonville University’s practice to provide equal opportunities for all.