Practical Nurse Program Director
Practical Nurse Program Director
Healthcare Simulationist Center
The Jacksonville University Healthcare Simulation Center provides expertise in the development and delivery of simulation scenarios to community healthcare agencies to improve the provision of quality and safe patient care in a 31,443 square foot Simulation Center. The Center provides simulation training center for local and regional healthcare agencies, emergency, and disaster training, and will host international conferences to improve the overall quality and provision of safe care.
The position of Practical Nurse Program Director located at the Healthcare Simulation Center (HSC) in Jacksonville, is a 12-month full-time, non-tenure track faculty and leadership position, appointed by the HSC Executive Director. Occasional ( or regular) evening or weekend shifts may be required. Remote work may be assigned.
Responsibilities include oversight for the day-to-day operations of the Jacksonville University Practical Nurse Program to include: 50/50 administrative and teaching responsibilities, course scheduling and faculty assignments, hiring and supervision and evaluation of clinical adjunct faculty, oversight for students' progression, compilation of metrics/analytics for student completion, attrition, employment, and graduation rates, and completion of program assessment outcomes. Strategic planning towards thoughtful growth of the Practical Nurse program with emphasis on quality is an expectation. HSC support for enhancing community partnerships are important components of the role.
Essential Job Duties
- Supports the HSC Executive Director on general nursing education policy and program enhancements.
- Identifies avenues for growth in concentrations including potential new concentrations.
- Collaborates with the HSC Executive Director to manage and monitor withdrawal and failure rates for each track.
- Analyze metrics related to but not limited to:Applications, Enrollment, Attrition, Diversity, Graduation rates, Employment and Budget
- Responsible for gathering and submitting data necessary to compete for national rankings
- Completes annual evaluations for supervised administrators or staff
- Nurse Recruiter/Clinical liaison
- Administrative Assistant collaboration
- Coordinates with faculty, staff, and colleagues within HSC and BRCHS on initiatives or projects
- Recruits, Retain, and Evaluate Adjunct Faculty
- Engages in Teaching activities
- Ensures systematic program assessment (goals, objectives, outcomes, results, and action plans) are documented and analyzed related to the Practical Nurse Program strategic goals.
- Completes an end of year report for the HSC Executive Director, ensures all required documents and assessments are updated for Board of Nursing and program initial accreditation and continued reaccreditation
- Provides input on annual faculty evaluations
- Works with Marketing and Communications to maintain updated web material and creation of social media
- Oversees admission process and student selections for each cohort
- Develops annual strategic plan for future program offerings
- Conducts orientation and exit interviews for Practical Nurse Program
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Able to clearly prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and good problem solver
- Dedicated to service and a strong university presence
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and weekend hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Minimum 2 years previous administrative/leadership experience, preferably in the academic
- Minimum 2 years previous Practical Nurse Program teaching experience
- Experience with Florida Board of Nursing program compliance and Accreditation Agency requirements
- MSN preferred, BSN required
- Current unencumbered Florida Nursing License
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants are asked to send a copy of their resume to Danial Winston at email@example.com.