- Install, troubleshoot and repair PC’s, Macs and related hardware.
- Perform installations, upgrades, and backups of software and hardware.
- Support university standard software packages.
- Assist Faculty/Staff with computer software and hardware questions.
- Assist with the Help Desk duties as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Two years experience supporting the Microsoft Family of Operating Systems.
- Two years experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Extensive PC hardware/software installation & configuration.
- Experience supporting PCs in a TCP/IP Network Environment.
- Microsoft Certification a plus.
- Experience with Sysprep and creating images.
- Macintosh experience a must.
- Experience working in education a plus.
- Both inside and outside activities. Outside may consist of PC deliveries, lab maintenance, installations, etc.
- Occasionally work will require some weekend/evening hours for system upgrades or other work-related duties.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to travel for training purposes
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2-4 years
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Desire to learn
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit your application materials to: