Palm Coast Healthcare Sciences College Coordinator
Palm Coast Healthcare Sciences College Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
The Palm Coast College Coordinator for the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Science (BRCHS) works in a team-based environment to assist in managing daily operational tasks for the Palm Coast, Jacksonville University off-campus instructional site. These programs include, but are not limited to, Communication Sciences & Disorders, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and Nursing. The Palm Coast College Coordinator is responsible for collaborating and communicating with all personnel within the college. Daily operations include receiving and interacting with students, faculty/staff, and guests to the Palm Coast Campus, management of classrooms and building operational matters; working collaboratively with the BRCHS Administrative Assistants, Deans, Directors, Faculty and Staff to efficiently achieve BRCHS goals, responsible for all events, and classroom scheduling.
Essential Job Duties
- Answer and direct the main telephone number for all Palm Coast activities. Answer the telephone in a clear, professional manner; directing calls to appropriate persons.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all visitors to the administrative suite. Greet; inquire as to purpose of visit, and with whom they are meeting. Provide invitation to waiting area and communicate with appropriate administrator for the meeting.
- Initiate and maintain the event calendar for Palm Coast. Negotiate and schedule rooms for all events, classrooms, meetings, interviews, speakers, orientations, and seminars. Responsible for making all classroom reservations.
- Assist with semester course scheduling and/or changes as necessary
- Direct and manage daily operational activities supporting faculty, staff and students. Anticipate problems/issues impacting classroom effectiveness, and resolve anomalies to daily operation, i.e. AV equipment, need to combine classrooms for various reasons. Orientations or combined course exams, various building maintenance issues requiring relocation of people, etc.
- Maintain BRCHS academic documentation files required for SACSCOC accreditation and program corroboration, i.e.: syllabi, student documents as appropriate.
- Perform building/facility management, to include: tracking/managing delinquent work orders, supporting office & equipment moves, completing purchase orders and managing office supplies, to include: order/deliver/plan and project office supply needs for faculty and staff.
- Collect, sort, direct, and deliver mail, to include all packages, equipment, express and general mail.
- Provide direct or indirect assistance to academic functions and services, including, but not limited to: room or class scheduling, check out materials, administration of student records, supporting counseling/advising services and general support to programs in all areas of the College.
- Coordinate with JU Marketing, JU Facilities, Aramark, etc. on organizing college/program events.
- Update Electronic Directories. Keep Internal (Excel) and External (Word) faculty/staff directories current.
- Support academic leadership with the data analytic and the creation of spread sheets related to the college.
- Maintain cleanliness and regular organization of front desk and lobby at all times as well as all office common areas such as fax/copy areas, mailroom, and conference rooms, etc. to promote an efficient working environment.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service
- Team work oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings
- Standard office hours 8:30am to 4:30pm with occasional earlier or later hours based on college events.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in a fast paced, often changing, office environment, with the ability to skillfully multi-task.
- Knowledge of academic and business process, classroom set up and University communications
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). The ability to converse with a diverse group of people and negotiate with people inside and outside BRCHS with opposing goals and objectives.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; understanding the needs of the BRCHS organization to determine future needs of the organization. Act rather than react to daily operations.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applications should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University employment application and background check authorization (http://www.ju.edu/humanresources/Pages/Forms.aspx), three letters of reference, via electronic email to: Maranda Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.