Office of People and Culture
Position Reports to
Assistant Vice President of People & Culture
January 1, 2024
The Office of People & Culture is fully dedicated to internal clients across the campus as well as external clients, such as job applicants and employee benefit carriers. This role provides administrative support to the human resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. This is a 12-month, full-time, exempt position reporting to the Assistant VP of People & Culture.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Works with HR Team members so service levels are covered in the event of the absence of any team member.
- Works closely with our campus partners to provide HR services as needed: Controllers Office, Academic Affairs, Financial Affairs, Information Technology.
- Acts as a single point of contact for a small department within the respective campus units assigned.
- Assist Business Partners with benefits as needed.
- Responsible for updating new hire orientation folders.
- Processes invoices. This includes reconciliation of monthly billing invoices with carriers and accounting.
- Assist with Campus wide events.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested. Assists in other human resources projects and reports as required to meet the demands of the University.
- Learn and assist with Business Partner duties, including recruitment, onboarding and offboarding.
- Processes mail.
- Maintain employee files.
- Identifies new opportunities where HR can add value to the client/department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- One to two years’ related experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.