Office Manager Student Health Center
Student Health Center
The Office Manager for the Student Health Center at Jacksonville University is a 12-month exempt position. This individual will work closely with the Executive Director of the Student Health Center to oversee the day-to-day operations of the clinic and provide general office support for the clinicians. Additional responsibilities include developing and maintaining operational practices related to scheduling, budgeting/financial management, inventory/supply management and purchasing, data/record keeping and reporting, and organizational flow oversight to ensure a smooth and efficient functioning of the clinic. This individual is identified as the EMR superuser/administrator and will act as the direct liaison with the EMR support team. The Office Manager is a member of the SHC Executive Committee who has the responsibility of ensuring the clinic remains within regulations and guidelines related to OSHA, HIPAA, FERPA, and ambulatory health care on a college campus.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the SHC to ensure an organized, steady workflow.
- Supervise the Front Desk Coordinator and provide guidance/feedback as needed.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee for the SHC.
- Develop the provider clinic schedule to ensure adequate coverage for various areas of service within the SHC (i.e., acute/episodic care, women’s health etc.).
- Participate in various university and community activities as designated by the Executive Director to support the needs of the SHC.
- Work with BRCHS clinical coordinators to establish and maintain clinical site rotations for the education of JU health care professionals.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Director of the SHC to develop an annual budget and report.
- Develop, organize, and maintain record keeping ensuring ease of access and accuracy of data collection.
- Collect, integrate, analyze, and report data as necessary to meet the needs of the SHC.
- Maintain the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of data on patients and SHC personnel.
- Oversee the day-to-day processing of all business transactions relating to the procurement of goods and services and disbursement of funds.
- Coordinate the billing of students.
- Monitor SHC spending and advise the Executive Director of the SHC the status of funds.
- Maintain the personnel policies that have been established and implemented to facilitate attainment of the mission, goals, and objectives of the SHC.
- Manage personnel and payroll activities.
- Work with the Executive Director to conduct the SHC Orientation Program and onboarding process for new hires.
- Maintain SHC personnel files.
- Oversee the monitoring and purchase of medical and office supplies.
- Maintain the health information system and act as the “superuser”/direct liaison for the EMR system company.
- Monitor and update the SHC Website.
- Work with outside vendors and serve as the primary contact for the SHC.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director of the SHC.
- Previous experience in health care
- Experience in a managerial role
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to keep meticulous records and report data consistently
- Work is primarily indoors but requires incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when travelling between campus buildings or engaging in relevant outreach activities.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person or by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration or related field
- MSN in Leadership or MBA (preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in an administrative leadership role.
- Must possess comprehensive MS Office Suite proficiency, specifically Excel.
- Must have excellent time management, multitasking, and organization skills as well as the ability to provide independent judgment and access relevant resources with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in higher education (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student groups.
- Successfully pass a background check.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.