Nursing Program Coordinator
Nursing Program Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences/ Keigwin School of Nursing
This position assists the Directors of the Keigwin School of Nursing. The position reports to the directors of the nursing programs. It requires the incumbent to assume responsibility for a variety of activities related to operationalizing the various nursing programs. This position works in collaboration with nursing faculty and other administrative personnel in the KSON and BRCHS.
Essential Job Duties
- Supports the administrators and nursing faculty.
- Maintains the faculty schedule for the school of nursing. Assist with scheduling of faculty and courses as needed.
- Maintains the course schedule for the KSON Directors.
- Coordinate with Nursing Program Directors to assess student support needs.
- Assist with the aggregation of data and program reports.
- Assist with any grant-related activities.
- Create a Faculty evaluation survey report each term based on University data, student and clinical feedback.
- Create, manage and maintain KSON policies and procedures in collaboration with the Directors and Associate Dean.
- Communicates building information (i.e. work orders) and ensures safety protocols
- Assists in planning and implementing student activities.
- Manage conference rooms within the BRCHS building
- Manage daily KSON operational activities, website updates, student announcements, etc.
- Facilitate/coordinate KSON special events
- Develop, organize and maintain nursing student engagement projects
- Attend committee meetings within KSON, Undergraduate and Graduate Committee, and Student Nurses Association; attend other JU committees as needed.
- Serves as a liaison for nursing student tours and undergraduate nursing program ambassadors.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Understanding of and commitment to the use of technology
- Proficiency in social media applications, especially Facebook and Twitter
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Event planning
- Customer-focused approach
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires the incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree (preferred)
Minimum Work Experience
- Knowledge of nursing profession and educational requirements, experience in advising preferred
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Preferred: Experience working in organization systems management and/or leadership.
- Preferred: Experience working in a university environment.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, Jacksonville University faculty application and background check authorization, three letters of reference, and unofficial transcripts via email to email@example.com.