Media Services Specialist
Media Services Specialist
The Media Services Specialist will be responsible for supporting the JU community in the production and delivery of multimedia content supporting a variety of educational and institutional needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform video recording, editing, and encoding for web distribution.
- Assist in operation of the JU Video Production Studio.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of video and audio recording equipment.
- Assist JU faculty in the production of educational video modules supporting online classes, the flipped classroom model, and asynchronous learning.
- Assist JU colleges and departments with producing promotional videos, packages for special events, and videos for new student orientation.
- Assist the Communications Practicum and related courses with producing newscasts and video assignments.
- Perform video recording of campus lectures, panels, and special events.
- Perform digital video transcoding and media format conversion.
- Possess a core understanding of common video signals.
- Possess a core understanding of audio signal flow.
- Possess a core understanding of common digital video codecs and their use.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with video cameras and audio recording equipment.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with non-linear video editing systems. (Experience with Final Cut Pro X 10.2 and Compressor is a plus.)
- Basic familiarity with video production switchers. (Experience with Tricaster is a plus.)
- Knowledge of basic video production best practices.
- Knowledge of basic Windows PC and Apple troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot A/V hardware, software, and digital media.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts in a pleasant, positive manner.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to measure and report on metrics and indicators of service level activity and customer satisfaction.
- Possess a strong customer-service mentality and attitude.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday, with required evening and weekend hours, as necessary to accommodate professors’ needs or special events on campus, during the year.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighting up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Associate degree in communications or related audio visual degree program.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.