Media Services Specialist
This position is no longer available.
Media Services Specialist
The Media Services Specialist will be responsible for supporting the JU community in the production and delivery of multimedia content supporting a variety of educational and institutional needs.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform video recording, editing, and encoding for web distribution.
- Assist in operation of the JU Video Production Studio.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of video and audio recording equipment.
- Assist JU faculty in the production of educational video modules supporting online classes, the flipped classroom model, and asynchronous learning.
- Assist JU colleges and departments with producing promotional videos, packages for special events, and videos for new student orientation.
- Assist the Communications Practicum and related courses with producing newscasts and video assignments.
- Perform video recording of campus lectures, panels, and special events.
- Perform digital video transcoding and media format conversion.
- Possess a core understanding of common video signals.
- Possess a core understanding of audio signal flow.
- Possess a core understanding of common digital video codecs and their use.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with video cameras and audio recording equipment.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with non-linear video editing systems. (Experience with Final Cut Pro X 10.2 and Compressor is a plus.)
- Basic familiarity with video production switchers. (Experience with Tricaster is a plus.)
- Knowledge of basic video production best practices.
- Knowledge of basic Windows PC and Apple troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot A/V hardware, software, and digital media.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts in a pleasant, positive manner.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to measure and report on metrics and indicators of service level activity and customer satisfaction.
- Possess a strong customer-service mentality and attitude.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday, with required evening and weekend hours, as necessary to accommodate professors’ needs or special events on campus, during the year.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighting up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Associate degree in communications or related audio visual degree program.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.