Media Services Manager
This position is no longer available.
Media Services Manager
Essential Job Duties
- Manage and support campus-wide lecture capture system.
- Support and maintenance of software recorders and classroom audio record feeds.
- End user training and support.
Manage Video Production Studio
- Develop policies and procedures for the studio to ensure efficient use of the resources and security of the equipment.
- Develop a scheduling system that equitably distributes use of the studio between the Communications Department and the professors and administrators desiring to record teaching modules in the studio.
- Oversee scheduling process.
- Meet with department chairs to determine course needs as related to studio usage.
- Engineer recording sessions.
- Schedule and oversee studio upgrades and repairs.
- Video record campus lectures, panels, events, and online course materials.
- Perform video post-production and editing.
- Assist the various departments with producing videos related to furthering EPIC goals.
- Assist faculty and staff with completing multimedia projects.
- Maintain the school’s multimedia archive.
Multimedia Encoding, Conversion & Duplication
- Encode video for the web.
- Handle Digital Video format conversion and VHS to DVD transfers.
- Handle CD & DVD duplication.
- Encode and deliver the end-user’s recorded media to disc and web based formats within 24hrs.
Live Sound Reinforcement
- Setup and breakdown of sound systems for panels & special events (as needed).
- Experience related to technical end-user support services and digital media services.
- Possess advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office 2016, graphic software, video recording and editing software, and web publishing.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware, software, digital media and audiovisual issues.
- Communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing, and be able to effectively interact with administration, faculty, staff and other outside contacts.
- Knowledge of ADA compliant online course requirements
- Ability to coordinate and maintain relationships with cross-functional departments to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to develop and administer a budget associated with the video production studio and instructional technology.
- Ability to measure and report on metrics and indicators of service level activity and customer satisfaction.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday, with required evening and weekend hours, as necessary to accommodate professors’ needs or special events on campus, during the year.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighting up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Associate’s degree in computer science or related field
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Experience running a video production studio and developing a new studio within an institution of higher education.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.