Lab Assistant & Standardized Patient Coordinator
Lab Assistant & Standardized Patient Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS)
The BRCHS Lab Assistant & Standardized Patient Coordinator works in a team-based environment within the Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences to assist the BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors in the daily operations and maintenance of the labs through the completion of technical and administrative oriented tasks. The BRCHS Lab Assistant & Standardized Patient Coordinator will work under the direction of the BRCHS Lab Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage and coordinate the Standardized Patient (SP) program, ensuring the appropriate SPs are scheduled for the requested courses and/or simulations. Serve as the primary liaison for the SPs before, during, and after simulation experiences. At the direction of the BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors, provide SPs preparatory information prior to the course and/or simulation date. Manage survey distribution, tracking, and analysis specific to the SP program and recommend process improvements to the BRCHS Lab Coordinators. Work with the payroll department to facilitate payment to SPs for their services.
- Develop and deploy recruitment methodologies for the SP program. Work with Human Resources (HR) to obtain employment information and background check completion for SP hire. Orient and develop SPs as appropriate.
- Maintain database of SP information, participation, and feedback.
- In conjunction with the BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors, participate in the management of the labs' Outlook inbox and various calendars. This includes inputting data and providing information to faculty and students at the direction of the BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors.
- Manage electronic and paper filing systems.
- Assist in the set-up and break down of equipment and materials for scheduled courses and/or simulations in the labs and classrooms. Assist, as deemed necessary, in simulation activities.
- Establish and maintain an up-to-date inventory list of lab equipment, materials, and supplies to assist the BRCHS Lab Coordinators in the purchasing, forecasting, and budgeting of these items.
- Collaborates with vendors to obtain quotes for lab supplies, equipment, and other services. At the direction of the BRCHS Lab Coordinators; completes and submits purchase order requests to appropriate individuals.
- Organize lab supplies on an on-going basis and repurpose, as needed, materials no longer needed/utilized in the labs and maintain general cleanliness of the lab.
- Coordinate schedules with scholarship recipient students needing volunteer hours based on the communicated needs of the labs from BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors.
- Coordinate practice and remediation times with the NUR 341 students based on the availability in the labs.
- Perform facility and equipment maintenance on an on-going basis, including coordination with the Information Technology (IT) department as needed. Manage work order requests and follow-up. Update and maintain equipment warranty logs.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff under the direction of the BRCHS Lab Coordinators.
- Serve as a resource for students, faculty, and staff.
- Schedules and maintains sharps disposal per agency pick-up.
- Provides tours of the labs as necessary.
- Provides general administrative support to the BRCHS Lab Coordinators and the BRCHS Lab Instructors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Technologically savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Windows, Outlook, and Office).
- Good working knowledge of medical terminology and equipment.
- Able to work with self-initiative and autonomy as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings.
Works flexible, variable hours with a 40 hours week schedule flexing to cover earlier mornings, later evenings, or weekends according to the needs of the BRCHS faculty and students.
Work is performed under supervision of the Skills Lab Coordinators.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Physical strength capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling equipment weighing up to 70 lbs
- No latex allergy
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High school diploma. LPN, ADN, or EMT preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- 2-3 years of healthcare experience preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested candidates, send all application materials to Maranda Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.