KSON Administrative Coordinator
KSON Administrative Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences/Keigwin School of
This coordinator position works in a team based environment to assist and support
the Associate Dean of
the Keigwin School of Nursing’s work with faculty, students, community partners and accrediting bodies. The
position requires exceptional customer service and communication skills. Flexibility, efficiency, accuracy,
independence in task completion, and maintenance of confidentiality is necessary and valued
Essential Job Duties
- Organize and prepare meetings, travel arrangements and scheduling for the Associate Dean.
- Maintain and formulate confidential departmental records, files, and correspondence.
- Create, analyze, and prepare reports, graphs, and spreadsheets as required utilizing MS Office.
- Independently research requests to support nursing initiatives/events both ongoing and new.
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, organization and execution of internal and external functions to include but not limited to: guests lists, invitations, program design, and compilation of informative materials, menu selection, ordering, coordination of deliveries, and other necessary supportive duties.
- Maintain and update external community partner contact lists for the school of nursing. This includes but not limited to Chief Nursing Officers, Managers, Educators, Recruiters, vendors and Donors. Regular communication with donors on nursing information and thank you notes when appropriate.
- Record minutes for KSON meetings with internal and external nursing constituents.
- Schedule and organize all aspects of regular and intermittent events to include facilities, foods, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Provide support for MECP commissioning ceremonies.
- Create, update, and maintain year round calendar of all events both single and repeating
to track and
organize each event for the KSON.
- Provide administrative support to the Nursing Alumni Organization for all events. Initiate communication to Alumni and/or donors as needed. Research campus compliance policy for initiatives and events.
- Proactive with efficiency related operations both day to day and new ideas for continued inprovement.
- Collaborates with External Clinical Coordinator to ensure seamless hiring of adjunct
preceptors. Calculates and prepares payroll for additional stipends.
- Consistent positive communication and interactions with students, administration,
faculty within the
college, university, and external community. Act as liaison to other departments in the campus to
promote nursing and assure compliance on campus policy.
- Schedule conference and travel arrangements. Track faculty development usage and handle
items as appropriate.
- Manage logistics of all faculty/staff recruitment process. This includes initial posting of job description, receiving and disseminating candidate information to search committee; and complete schedule and travel arrangements for potential candidates.
- Complete new hire packets and HRAF’s for full time and part time faculty and administrative
Facilitate the onboarding, office space, technology and mentoring schedule. This can be an ongoing
activity due to growth in the school.
- Responsible for accuracy and currency of announcements on Blackboard Nursing Majors;
undergraduate and graduate. Updates regularly with new scholarships, job postings etc.
- Appropriate follow-up on all internal and external general inquiries to ensure excellent
service from KSON.
- Collect all faculty annual assessments, schedule the subsequent evaluations and transfer
- Assist in Maintenance of Nursing departmental budgets. Work with FA/Controllers office
and track expenditures. Monthly reconciliation of the Associate dean’s purchasing card.
- Assist with program site assessments as required for accreditation purposes.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Proactive and efficient in a high energy fluid environment
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-starter and customer-service oriented
- Critical thinking
- Jacksonville University work experience
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings.
- Flexible office hours. Primarily 0830-1700. Occasional evening hours may be necessary to support college events.
- Some off-campus travel may be required.
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- University Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with higher education departmental administration or closely related job
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.