Integrated Marketing & Communications Specialist
Marketing & Communications
The Integrated Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for 1) developing high quality content and messaging across the integrated marketing and communication mix (including print, web, video, digital and copy writing) to increase awareness and achievement of University priorities and initiatives including admissions, advancement, and institutional reputation and 2) serve as primary resource and liaison for the Marine Science Research Institute and OCEARCH @ Jacksonville University ("O@JU") and related departments. This role is part of an editorial group responsible for developing and implementing Jacksonville University's communications strategy across its print and digital channels. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative team that works to highlight the University's strengths and value by telling authentic and compelling stories that inspire admissions, development, parent, alumni and other key audiences. This role is integral to the content strategy, planning and development of effective, creative copy and content for the JU brand reflected in communications and marketing channels and across web, video, digital, photograph and printed deliverables. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Enrollment Management & Communications.
Essential Job Duties
- Market O@JU activities through publications, the Internet, promotional and public relations activities, and other communication media for the purpose of raising awareness and reputation, attracting students, developing employment opportunities for students and graduates, and encouraging financial support to O@JU;
- Create, write, and produce quality articles, press releases, publications, social media posts, video, web pages, email, direct mail and other marketing and public relations & media outreach initiatives.
- Communicate program information to targeted audiences; assimilate and compose written materials to use in a variety of communication outlets;
- Edit documents to ensure accuracy in content and form;
- Work with and act as communications liaison to professional staff at OCEARCH to coordinate social media and other media outreach, coverage and stories on O@JU activities and interaction, and in-person events;
- Assess and provide reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activities, publications, advertising, outreach and other communication activities.
- Monitor, analyze and report data analytics across various digital marketing mediums.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Adept knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated use of writing and strong copy editing skills to apply language accurately and creatively, recognize and use correct English grammar, spell and punctuate correctly, and understand and translate complex concepts into lay terms.
- Experience with and knowledge of communication concepts and principles including professional journalistic procedure, practices and styles.
- Skill to independently gather information through research and interviews, and to understand and translate sometimes complex academic concepts and to write clear, accurate and compelling copy in an appropriate form for diverse audiences and publications.
- Skills to effectively work on multiple projects under intense deadline pressure, requiring organizational skills, time management efficiency and attention to detail.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to work within a diverse community, to establish and maintain good working relationships with alumni, faculty, staff, students and the public, and to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience with Macintosh and Windows-based computer environment; familiarity with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as standard web CMS systems, social media platforms and analytics including software such as Hootsuite, Meltwater, Cision, Sprout Social, Radian6 (or similar) and Facebook (including Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Google Analytics.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
- Ability to work unconventional hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus or when covering outdoor events.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. but should expect to occasionally be called to work before 8:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends both on and off campus. Some occasional travel may be required. Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones and office machines.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone and to create, monitor and adjust multimedia tools for publication.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree: marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, English, social or integrated media/marketing, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in business, industry, or higher education, marketing & communications, and public relations.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
If interested in this position, please submit the following for consideration:
- Letter of Application
- JU Employment Application
- Name and contact information for 3 professional references
This information should be submitted to email@example.com.