Institute Executive Administrator & Coordinator
Institute Executive Administrator & Coordinator
Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute
The Institute Executive Administrator and Coordinator for the Jacksonville University Public Policy Institute (“Institute”) has diverse responsibilities, including the following: (1) Office Administration and Management, (2) Executive Assistant to Institute Director and MPP Program Manager, (3) Institute Programs/Events Administration and Management, (4) Staff to Institute Boards and Committees, (5) Institute Social Media and Website, and (6) MPP Recruiting, in coordination with the Admissions Office, MPP Admissions Committee, MPP Program Manager, and Institute Director.
Essential Job Duties
Office Administration and Management
- Management and maintenance of Institute Offices
- Scheduling for Institute Director, MPP Program Manager
- Scheduling Institute programs/events, facilities, classrooms, board and committee meetings, etc.
- Document creation, production, maintenance, and archiving
- Procurement, supplies, travel reimbursement, etc.
- Development and maintenance of Institute databases – includes databases for events, capstone projects, assessment data, contact data, etc.
- Maintenance and archiving of all Institute photographs, videos, event documents (PowerPoint, agenda, minutes, etc.), and marketing materials (flyers, brochures, etc.).
- Listing, archiving and maintaining all Institute media appearances on television and radio as well as print and other media
- Listing, archiving and maintaining all Institute community presentations and engagement
Executive Assistant to Institute Director and MPP Program Manager
- Works with Institute Director and MPP Program Manager on a daily basis – includes
calendar management, document review and preparation (including agendas, minutes, year in review,
letters of recommendation, correspondence, marketing materials, etc.), communication with the board,
and assisting Director and MPP Program Manager as needed.
Institute Programs/Events – On campus and off campus - Planning, logistics, coordination, and execution
- Program and event planning, coordination, and logistics – includes scheduling, invitations, facilities preparation, reservations, technology requirements, audio and visual equipment, catering, site visits, etc.
- Coordination of photography and videography for events
- Program oversight and execution
- Collection, development, and maintenance of Institute database (contact info) for program attendees
Staff to Institute Boards and Committees
- Staff and support for Institute Boards and Committees – Includes scheduling, preparation of minutes, logistics, catering, etc. Lead liaison to Boards and Committees.
Institute Social Media & Website
- Social Media – Includes strategy, content, posts, implementation, and tracking
- Active presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Social media for Institute events, media appearances, faculty and student activities, etc.
- Social media as a tool for MPP recruiting
- Monitoring and reporting (monthly) on social media activity
- Work with Marketing, web advisor, and MPP Program Manager
- Works closely with MPP Program Manager and Marketing Department on website, including content, updating, graphics, photographs, videos, and commentary feeds
- MPP recruitment coordination
- Assist with the development of MPP recruiting plan
- Scheduling MPP information sessions and classroom presentations
- Maintenance and updating of all MPP inquiries, applications, acceptances, deposits, etc.
- Maintaining and updating marketing materials (under the supervision of the MPP Program Manager),
- Preparation and distribution of offers of admission, denials of admission, etc.
- Preparation of MPP Minority Fellowship materials, etc. – Leading role with MPP Minority
- Fellowship Board and recruiting
- Member of the Admissions Committee and Scholarship committee
- See qualifications and job description. In particular, the position requires computer proficiency and technology skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work with people.
- The Institute is housed in the Davis College of Business (DCOB) at Jacksonville University.
office hours are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with occasional evening and weekend events. Most work is done
indoors in DCOB, but the Institute works collaboratively with the JU faculty and many University Departments, including Graduate Admissions, the Registrar, the Marketing and Communications Department, Finance and Administration, University Advancement, and the university Web Manager. The Institute also works collaboratively with diverse internship partners, the media (television and radio), the Graham Center at the University of Florida, the Notre Dame Club of Greater Jacksonville, the Chamber of Commerce, local government, non- profit organizations, and other organizations. Some minimal travel may be needed in working with community organizations and in marketing and recruiting.
Office work required. Must be able to work on computer, draft documents and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree preferred, but not required
Minimum Work Experience
- See job qualifications, description, and special skills.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree
- Administrative and office support experience;
- Office Management experience;
- Technology and computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suites, Word, Excel, etc.;
- Social media, internet and website skills;
- Marketing experience a positive;
- Interpersonal skills
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and Staff
All Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy, please click the link below.JU Vaccination Policy
Interested applicants are asked to submit a completed JU application along with a copy of their resume, cover letter, and list of references to Richard Mullaney at email@example.com.