Help Desk Lead
This position is no longer available.
Help Desk Lead
This position is responsible for all aspects of managing and operating the university’s Help Desk. This position is also responsible for the IT Department’s Student Worker Program.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the development and implementation of technical support processes and procedures.
- Provide management support to the PC Technician team.
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of Help Desk tools and the development of
Help Desk scripts:
- Creation and publication of Help Desk materials and documentation and the design and implementation of reports to measure performance of Help Desk staff.
- May provide advice and assistance regarding PC or network related issues.
Student Worker Supervisor:
- This position is responsible for all activities related to student workers including hiring, training and supervising all IT student workers.
- Typically inside, though sometimes outside tracking down problems.
- Occasionally work will require some weekend/evening hours.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Must be able to travel for training purposes
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with PC Technicians process and procedures.
- Help Desk Management and Training background.
- Technology expertise
Minimum Work Experience
- 5-7 years
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.