- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Graduate Practicum Clinical Coordinator
Graduate Practicum Clinical Coordinator
Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences
This position is responsible for coordinating all components of clinical and community sites utilized by Jacksonville University Brooks Rehabilitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCHS) graduate programs. This position will work closely with program directors, course coordinators, course faculty and students.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinates and discovers new relationships with hospitals, clinical and community agency sites utilized by BRCHS graduate students to complete clinical rotations/preceptorships.
- Responsible for obtaining signatures and renewing and/or terminating affiliation agreements between Jacksonville University BRCHS, clinical sites and JU legal.
- Collect, review, and approve documents upon program admission and notify students of missing requirements including, but not limited to immunizations, CPR, insurance, background check, drug test, and finger printing.
- Collect, review and approve documents upon hiring for full time and part time clinical instructors and notifying them of missing requirements.
- Maintains an updated database with specific compliance and/or training requirements for each clinical and/or community facility.
- Coordinates and facilitates student compliance activities for clinical agencies to include agency orientations and completion of required forms, EMR trainings, and screenings.
- Collect, review and file the clinical evaluation forms submitted by graduate students for each course, clinical site and preceptor.
- Ensures no lapses in agreements.
- Plans and attends clinical coordination forums, pre-clinical summit events, career fairs, student forums, and conferences as appropriate to prepare and assess program effectiveness.
- Completes work in a timely manner, including preparing, documenting, and tracking clinical assignments.
- Serves as role model for faculty, staff, and students in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence, attendance, and general professionalism.
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who can be a team player and desires to share creative solutions and best practices.
- Requirements include problem-solving, critical thinking skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required, inside sales and/or sales support skills helpful.
- Solid knowledge or experience working in healthcare field, directly with or for providers is preferred.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks; ability to tolerating frequent interruptions.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Standard office hours 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Relevant experience and/or Bachelor’s degree.
- Ideal candidate has 3-5 years of successful demonstration of business development and/or sales competencies.
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel and MS word.
- Excellent communication skills
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Send all application materials to Sally Lynch, Executive Administrator to the Dean - send to firstname.lastname@example.org.