Enrollment Communications Coordinator
Enrollment Communications Coordinator
Office of Admissions
The Enrollment Communications Coordinator, under general supervision, supports Jacksonville University’s digital and print marketing and communications projects, and coordinates the development and administration of an all-site enrollment communication strategic plan. This position will develop and implement projects/strategies that leverage the institutional web and social media presence, print and electronic/digital marketing and communication strategies to support Jacksonville’s strategic enrollment efforts. This position will also research best practices in enrollment marketing and communications and design creative content that will effectively influence student behaviors to enhance student success and recruitment.
Essential Job Duties
Provide insight, recommendations and creative best practices and market research in working collaboratively with enrollment management division leaders to coordinate development of creative content and effective communication and marketing campaigns (including promotional graphics/text/media) that will support near-term and long-term strategic enrollment efforts, to effectively influence current students to take steps necessary to stay a success-focused course, and to recruit targeted prospective student populations. Provide design support for promotional communications and marketing for recruiting and/or divisional events for internal and external audiences. (40%)
Maintain a user-level knowledge of social media, CRM, and other e-communication technologies. Continually research best practices and research in effective enrollment communications and marketing strategies and principles, as well as enrollment market research (nationally and local/audience-specific). Conduct focus groups and/or surveys of continuing and prospective students to enhance insight into student choices to inform improvement of existing efforts. (20%).
Under the supervision of the Associate Director, work collaboratively with staff in the office of Marketing and Communications to ensure alignment of divisional enrollment marketing efforts with broader institutional marketing and communication efforts. Support the office of Marketing and Communications as necessary to advance community relations, partnerships and brand awareness in Tarleton’s critical service areas. (15%)
Assist in development and administration of all-site enrollment marketing and communications policies and strategic planning (10%)
Oversee the production and procurement of print collateral and promotional items needed for the division. Oversee the inventory of promotional items and monitor quantity to ensure items are re-ordered in a timely manner. (10%)
Other duties as assigned by the VP of Enrollment Management (5%)
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in professional work samples submitted with application materials
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to use discretionary judgment
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft word, office suite
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent leadership and time management skills
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language. Proficiency in one or more foreign languages in desirable, but not required.
- Valid FL Driver’s License with good driving record; must be insurable
- Character: be a person of character, drive and integrity who will represent the University in a professional manner at all times.
- Creativity: have the ability to meet appropriate situation with reasonable, creative responses in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the recruitment effort.
- Commitment: be dedicated to the mission of Jacksonville University in regard to the growth of its student population.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Excellent graphic design skills; Knowledge of digital video and photographic technology; Understanding of web publishing and online standards; Knowledge of User Experience Design Principles; Prior experience with CRM technologies
Master’s degree in field related to marketing, advertising, (visual) communications, or graphic design. Demonstrated record producing excellent printed and digital material that conveys a message with clarity. Project management experience
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.