Director, Enrollment Technology & Operations
This position is no longer available.
Director, Enrollment Technology & Operations
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and serving as a core leader within the division, the Director of Enrollment Technology & Operations provides technical, data, and systems strategic and operational leadership in support of the Enrollment Division. This individual will ensure the high-quality execution of and leadership to technology supported business processes, data management, systems management, project management, reporting and analytics, and process design. This position will be supported by an Associate Director of Enrollment Operations, Admissions Operations Specialist and student workers and will be a thoughtful communicator on issues relevant to recruitment, admissions, financial aid and retention. A wide range of audiences will benefit from this person’s ability to summarize data analysis results, statistical methods, and implementation.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide strategic vision and enhancement planning to JU’s enrollment technologies and platforms.
- Regularly evaluate and assess the comprehensive technology and data ecosystem and determine gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure the Vice President of Enrollment Management, Enrollment Leadership Team, and all enrollment staff have all data and systems needed to effectively meet the goals of the division.
- Manage and/or track all technologies and platforms utilized by Enrollment (some centralized), including Slate, Common App, Unifyed, Colleague, ERA, Encoura, OT and SLP CAS systems, others.
- Provide project management of new implementations and upgrades and assessments of technology or data gaps within Enrollment systems.
- Oversee and manage all features, processes, and functions associated with JU’s CRM recruitment system (Slate by Technolutions).
- Serve as primary data steward of all enrollment data to internal partners like the Offices of Student Financial Services, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, the Registrar’s Office, Program Directors, and Faculty.
- Establish and lead an effort to provide communication and tracking tools to a cross-divisional Retention Team establishing appropriate alerts and providing data to prioritize outreach.
- Serve as primary data steward of all enrollment data to external partners particularly those engaged in enrollment / predictive modeling and market research, membership organizations.
- Ensure impeccable data integrity and security throughout all enrollment systems and reporting tools.
- Support a wide variety of technology and data needs of an Enrollment division, including focuses of student recruitment, inquiry management, application management, travel planning, event planning, reading and selection, communications, and retention.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive systems and data documentation across all Enrollment systems and data repositories.
- Serve as primary liaison to central technology division for collaboration and shared practices as well as key point of contact for all campus stakeholders.
- Experience with CRM systems. (Technolutions’ Slate experience is required).
- Expertise with data structures and analytical tools.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently.
- Ability to work both independently, with little direct supervision and collaboratively, as a member of a team.
- A customer-friendly and positive attitude, especially while working under pressure.
- Ability to cultivate and manage key relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- This administrative position requires hybrid-based office hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
- Position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Significant collaboration through video calling and business chat tools.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Light work-standing, walking, lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Near and far vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology-related field or equivalent relevant experience
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience with CRM systems (Technolutions’ Slate experience is required).
- High degree of comfort with technology and data management/manipulation.
- Experience with writing data expressions, including in SQL.
- Familiar with Student Financial Aid systems.
- Knowledge of third-party application platforms (e.g. Common App).
- Relevant technology experience that demonstrates a working knowledge of systems, and data analysis.
- Master’s degree
- Knowledge of admissions operations, cycle, policies, and support activities
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.