Data and Information Analyst University Advancement
Data and Information Analyst
The Data and Information Analyst is primarily responsible for the successful coordination and execution of routine reporting tasks and associated processes from the Office of University Advancement’s system of record: Raiser’s Edge 7/NXT. This position will be responsible for updating and maintaining constituent records with data received through multiple channels. This position will use critical thinking skills in seeking out ways to improve the quality and accuracy of data and will act independently to enhance techniques or processes as seen appropriate to reduce time spent on routine activities. Additionally, the incumbent will be assigned as the Advancement Services liaison to departmental projects and will be responsible for ensuring that any tasks related to the database, prospect research, or gift processing are managed appropriately throughout the course of the project.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for the timely completion of ongoing processes at scheduled intervals, including, but not limited to:
- Weekly: UA gift list, UA weekly report, gift receipting, global prospect action updates
- Monthly: Controller’s gift reconciliation, NAC 17/21 reports, society letters, donor birthday lists, monthly metric scorecard
- Quarterly: Pledge reminders, scholarship recipient/donor communications
- Annually: Calendar year end tax statements, honor roll of donor listings, endowment report preparation
- Screens multiple channels for data updates and successfully processes updates with careful attention to data integrity.
- Follows all protocol and processes for data entry while maintaining confidentiality.
- Manages LiveAlumni tool and reviews updates to accept or reject data appends.
- Monitors the OLX plug-in daily for event registrations and processes new registrations.
- Oversees Gift-in-Kind donations from committee review to acceptance, recording, reconciliation with controller’s office, and donor receipting.
- Completes data clean-up tasks as assigned.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all aspects of Advancement Services: Gift Processing, Prospect Research, Donor and Alumni Record Management, and general Database Querying, Maintenance and Configurations.
- Cross-trained in gift processing to aid during peak periods or provide vacation coverage.
- Serves as Advancement Services liaison as assigned to projects or events throughout the course of year to ensure all tasks related to areas of coverage are handled effectively.
- Excellent communication, project, and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and computer-based problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a quick and adaptive learner who can develop and implement new processes.
- Ability to maintain regular check-ins with supervisors regarding workload, priorities, and any challenges or difficulties with assignments.
- Enjoy and excel at work that is extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to take initiative, use sound judgment, and ask questions as needed.
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Because of COVID-19, this position will be considered remote through August of 2021. All members of the University Advancement team are subject to report to campus for assistance or office hours only if deemed necessary. Once restrictions are lifted, this position may continue to be remote with occasional office hours for meetings, retreats, or to provide office coverage as requested, or hybrid with a combination of scheduled hours in our on-campus office and remote hours, subject to approval from hiring manager.
- Occasional evening and weekend work assignments during peak periods.
- Work is primarily indoors but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard work hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in a Non-profit or Advancement Services setting preferred
- User experience in Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database, or a data science background with understanding of relational databases preferred
- Efficiency in Microsoft applications, Excel, Word, Publisher, etc.
- Discretion and ability to process confidential information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Light physical demand
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All Jacksonville University employees who work on campus must be vaccinated for COVID-19. Documentation will be requested during onboarding. Our full vaccination policy is available online.