Creative Marketing Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Creative Marketing Coordinator
Office of Marketing & Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Jacksonville University seeks a Creative Marketing Coordinator. This role will be responsible for assisting the marketing communications team in the creation, editing, and production of marketing materials in both print and digital media in the areas of marketing and communication. This position will also support the Office of Marketing and Communications with photography and videography. This position reports to the Lead Designer and takes direction from project managers on a task by task basis.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist the Lead Designer in day-to-day operations including:
- Executing high-quality print and digital graphic work for all areas of campus including academics, enrollment, advancement, etc. as assigned. Projects may include but are not limited to logos, flyers, social media graphics, programs, advertisements, publications, and signage.
- Ensuring all designs adhere to overall university brand standards and best practices while delivering innovative and quality work.
- Photographing and/or filming on behalf of the University as assigned.
- Contributing to the University’s digital asset management system and assisting in the archiving, tagging, and organization of digital files.
- Assist the Social Media and Multimedia Manager in day-to-day operations including:
- Creating, curating, and managing social media content for official University accounts as assigned (i.e. photography, videography, and copy).
- Monitoring official University social accounts and responding to users on behalf of the University as assigned.
- Developing graphics as needed (e.g. Facebook cover photos, profile pictures, ads, etc.).
- Help maintaining the JU Social Media Editorial Calendar including submitting weekly content.
- Be an excellent communicator who can draft and edit communications materials primarily for social media but also for other communication channels as assigned.
- Collaborate with editorial group to maximize effective usage of content across all university channels.
- Be able to work collaboratively with all members of the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as other offices across campus.
- The job is primarily indoors, but includes outdoor duties associated with monitoring and attending practices and intercollegiate athletic contests, including sideline presence and game management duties;
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Responsibilities frequently dictate extended, irregular hours.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is often required.
- Off-campus, state and regional travel is expected.
- Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies;
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach;
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines;
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens;
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
- One year of experience or demonstrated equivalency in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related fields. Experience may be substituted by equivalent one year of high-quality, professional student or internship work. Candidates must submit a portfolio of sample work to be considered.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with digital and print content development tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Proficiency with social media platforms and best practices.
- Basic photography and videography skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends, as necessary).
Additional preferences include:
- Working proficiency with video editing and production tools (e.g. Adobe Premier, Final Cut)
- Familiarity with AP style
- Experience with social media management tools (e.g. HootSuite, Meltwater)
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.