Creative Marketing Coordinator
Creative Marketing Coordinator
Office of Marketing & Communications
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Jacksonville University seeks a Creative Marketing Coordinator. This role will be responsible for assisting the marketing communications team in the creation, editing, and production of marketing materials in both print and digital media in the areas of marketing and communication. This position supports the ideation, creation, and production of marketing materials including digital advertising, website design and print. This position reports to the Director of Creative & Digital Marketing.
Essential Job Duties
- Execute high-quality print and digital graphic work for all areas of campus including academics, enrollment, advancement, etc., as needed. Projects may include but are not limited to brand campaigns, flyers, publications, event/conference materials, social media graphics, programs, advertisements, promotional materials, signage, and alumni magazines.
- Ensure all visual assets adhere to overall university brand standards and best practices while delivering innovative and quality work. Act as a brand resource for the campus community.
- Design high impact marketing pieces to recruit undergraduate and graduate students, solicit contributions from high-level donors, and support presentations by University administrators.
- Create graphic design templates for groups across campus like corporate proposals, admission pieces, and event flyers.
- Photography on behalf of the University as assigned.
- Contributing to the University’s digital asset management system and assisting in the archiving, tagging, and organization of digital files.
- Creating and curating social media content for official University accounts as assigned (i.e. photography, videography, and copy) to support campaigns for undergraduate and graduate admissions, and giving.
- Use templates to design marketing webpages and program webpages to support marketing campaigns. This does not require a coding background because the pages are already coded; but it does require being comfortable with website editing, visual branding, and adding keywords through the Moz SEO tool.
- Buy and manage digital advertisements for admissions campaigns including on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and Google Advertisements.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's degree
Minimum Work Experience
- One year of experience or demonstrated equivalency in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or related fields. Experience can include internships.
- Candidates must submit a portfolio of sample work to be considered.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficiency with digital and print content development tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends, as necessary).
- Be highly creative
- Have a thorough understanding of design principles, typography, photography, and print production.
- Be an excellent communicator who can draft and edit communications for multiple channels across campus.
- Maintain an expert-level of proficiency with digital and print content development tools (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite).
- Be able to work collaboratively with all members of the Office of Marketing and Communications as well as other offices across campus.
- Be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary).
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio or sample work, to Katie Jackson Webber, Director of Creative and Digital Marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.