Coordinator of Student Involvement
Coordinator of Student Involvement
Division of Student Affairs
The University is seeking a Coordinator of Student Involvement to assist in developing and leading student organizations for the Department of Student Involvement within the Division of Student Affairs. The Coordinator of Student Involvement is responsible for providing oversight and management of student organizations and the planning and implementation of activities and programs. The Coordinator of Student Involvement will report to the Director of Student Involvement. This is a 12-month, full-time position.
Essential Job Duties
- Establish policies and procedures, promote the positive growth and development of students affiliated and interested in all student organizations, work with organization leadership and advisors to help plan, organize and monitor events, activities and programs that contribute to the holistic development of students;
- Develop and maintain an educational workshop series for the effective management and transition of organizational leadership for both students and advisors;
- Advise and support the Student Government Association and all student organizations in the areas of event planning, organizational development, and budget development;
- Oversee of the University programming board, Dolphin Productions, which is comprised of four to five students and a number of volunteers
- Develop and implement events and activities produced by the programming board;
- Assist in the interpretation and enforcement of University policies and procedures related to all student organizations;
- Manage on-campus marketing mediums utilized by student organizations and the campus community as a whole including billboards, e-newsletters, outdoor signage, etc.
- Management of software based organization management system;
- Responsible for support, attendance and participation in Student Involvement meetings and programs, and representation on various committees or at special events, including those on evenings and weekends;
- Participate fully in Student Affairs and Student Involvement functions, meetings, and programs;
- Supervise student staff;
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Energetic, student-centered, and team oriented professional who has demonstrated leadership in higher education;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage projects to successful completion;
- Experience in handling multiple priorities and handling conflict;
- Competence in fiscal resource management;
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when
- Standard office hours are 8:30 m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent evening and weekend hours are
Prerequisites Required for Position
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education/student affairs or related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- High level of comfort with frequent student contact and ability to advise diverse student groups;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment, while providing superior constituent service;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, student-centered environment;
- Excellent oral, written, computer, problem-solving, critical thinking, and fiscal management skills.
- Previous experience with software based organization management systems;
- Ability and experience to supervise student employees.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Jacksonville University supports the principle of diversity and encourages applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. It is Jacksonville University’s practice to provide equal opportunities for all. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and the academic experience. EOE.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and JU application to firstname.lastname@example.org.