Coordinator of Strategic Events & Campus Experience
This position is no longer available.
Coordinator of Strategic Events & Campus Experience
Strategic Events & Campus Experience
Position Reports to
Director of Strategic Events & Campus Experience
August 15, 2023
Reporting to the Director of the office of Strategic Events and Campus Experience, the Coordinator of Strategic Events & Campus Experience (CSE) will deliver project management, strategic planning, and implementation support to further the University's strategic vision, culture, and the President's key organizational events and initiatives. This position will support the University in events and experiences from conception to completion.
The CSE will assist in planning, implementing, and executing special events, on and off campus, and assist in carrying out directives determined by JU’s strategic vision. They will provide management, consulting, and/or assistance for specific events and strategic initiatives that are deemed critical for university success. This role will further strategic change by clarifying and leading with our service-oriented vision.
The CSE will collaborate with all other institutional stakeholders necessary to coordinate implementation of strategic goals, including managing relationships with Marketing to ensure thoughtful and transparent communication of events and initiatives; University Advancement to further relationships with our external partners though events; Academic Affairs to support college high visibility/impact events and with Admissions to improve potential student/parent guest experiences on campus.
This role will require a high degree of client engagement with excellent facilitation, influence, and strategic consulting skills. The CSE must work well in a collaborative team and have proven ability to influence and drive change while paying particular attention to all details—small and large—that will affect JU and our students, employees, and campus now and in the future. The CSE will be expected to manage department staff, including graduate assistants and/or federal work study student employees.
- Supervise select staff and/or student employees; may participate in training and evaluative sessions
Event & Campus Project Management:
- Manage special events and initiatives assigned by the Director from concept through completion.
- Serve as a liaison and representative with event stake-holders campus-wide on an on-going basis.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, partners, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Proactively manage changes in event scope, identify potential risks and devise mitigation and contingency plans.
- Participate in the planning and establishment of goals and objectives for events, with respect to budgets, speakers, facilities, technology, equipment, logistical requirements, and other related issues.
- Assist in the liaison between contractors, organizers, faculty, and administrators with regards to all facets of the logistical operations support of multiple programs and events.
- Coordinate with Marketing Services and/or outside contractors for various materials, to include invitations, brochures, public relations, media, signage etc. for specific initiatives.
- Support on-campus promotional based events, i.e. multi-day video campus logistics, multi-day guest assessments and VIP campus visits.
- Participates in budget planning and management, as required for individual events and brand installations.
- Assist and contribute to the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of long range department goals and objectives.
Service Excellence & Brand Initiatives:
- Demonstrates, promotes, and recognizes university standards for excellent client service, effective use of resources, professional development, personal accountability and continuous improvement.
- Further strategic change by representing the University's Service Excellence vision at all levels of the organization.
- Collaborates with Campus Partners to enhance and implement brand awareness and appreciation for the University's mission and culture.
- Partner with Communication and Marketing team to ensure timely, effective, and transparent communication, programming, signage, and brand installations.
- Takes initiative in problem-solving, decision-making, and coalescing University needs, issues, and concerns.
Performs other related duties as assigned:
- Actively participates as an effective member of team by completing assigned duties,
additional assignments or reassignments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad scope of projects, to manage the activities of various groups, and to interface with a wide range of people both within and outside the University system.
- Knowledge of and experience in planning and implementing events.
- Exceptional organizational skills including consistently and effectively managing budget and time deadlines.
- Impeccable time management.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written, and graphic means.
- Strong team-orientation and collaborative style; position requires an inclusive approach to engaging stakeholders across the campus in ways that lead to service-oriented decisions and buy-in.
- Ability to engage c-suite level guests and represent the University in a positive manner.
- Graphic design skills helpful but not necessary.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least one year of related experience required.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.