This position is no longer available.
The Enrollment Communications Coordinator, under general supervision, supports Jacksonville University’s enrollment communications strategy. This person will be responsible for researching best practices in enrollment marketing and developing creative content that will effectively influence student behavior to enhance student success.
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication plans that effectively
engage various enrollment populations. Individuals may be assigned to focus on specific
populations that include:
- Parents and families
- Sophomores and Juniors (High School)
- Incoming Freshmen & Transfer students
- Graduate Students
- Student Financial Services
- Under the supervision of the Director, Enrollment Communications, work collaboratively with campus partners to ensure that messaging is accurate, consistent and aligned with the organization’s goals and values
- Develop communication materials, including emails, social media content, print materials and website content
- Monitor and analyze engagement metrics to continuously improve communication strategies
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices in communications and suggest new strategies and tactics as appropriate
- Assist in the design and review of print materials
- Maintain a user-level knowledge of social media, CRM and other e-communication technologies
- Oversee the inventory of promotional items and monitor quantity to ensure items are reordered in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in communications or a related field
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with social media platforms and content management systems
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Be able to work independently, meet deadlines, and work flexible hours (including occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary)
- Experience with graphic design and video editing is a plus
Education, Certificates, Licenses, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, (visual) communications, English or graphic design
- Experience with CRM systems is preferred
- Demonstrated record producing excellent printed and digital material that conveys a message with clarity
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.