- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Associate Director of Financial Aid Systems
This position is no longer available.
Associate Director of Financial Aid Systems
This position is responsible for operational systems, user and technical support for financial aid by assisting with the management of the data flow, financial aid production processes, ensuring compliance and promoting the enrollment objectives of the University. The associate director is directly responsible for defining, creating, and implementing system training for staff. Developing new code and modifying existing reports to support the management of financial aid programs and external data requests are expected. The successful candidate will lead the evaluation, testing and implementation of yearly regulatory updates, patches and fixes and system modifications to ensure efficiency and compliance. Additionally, this position will ensure the financial aid office is utilizing the system for maximum efficiency. The associate director of financial aid systems will maintain a working knowledge of all aid delivery, billing and departmental business processes to optimize the use of technology to improve the overall student experience.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage Colleague modules to use to maximum capacity to provide efficient processes for staff.
- Create and modify reports utilizing ARGOS report writer and provides analysis related to systems financial aid and scholarship reporting.
- Manage process of import and export of data.
- Provide electronic support for programmatic transfers – Pell, Direct Loans, State funds.
- Lead the auto packaging process and implementation of self-service.
- Designs process flows in Colleague and set up to automate
- Serves as the systems security manager
- Acts as the liaison with the university IT user groups, Colleague Users Group .
- Provide progressive technological training to staff.
- Work with financial aid staff to analyze and implement technological needs.
- Assist with the document management system for paperless processing.
- Support electronic file maintenance, query and report development, system parameters, and system maintenance.
- Perform annual new-year roll for Colleague.
- Participates in long-term planning, design evaluation, testing and implementation of new and revised systems, scripts, rules, reports and procedures.
- Manage JU.edu web page with staff assistance.
- Assist in development of quality control rules and reports in Colleague.
- Utilize V-lookup and table tools in excel to analyze information.
- Assist in fund reconciliation and reporting.
- Develop automated system enhancement to improve efficiency.
- Facilitate cross departmental communication to ensure flow of data.
- Create documented policies and procedures.
- Test to ensure federal, state and institutional policies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Routine Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the technical processes related to the utilization of the Colleague financial aid module and other related software.
- Serve as technical liaison with third party servicers.
- Serve as liaison between the Financial Aid Office and IT.
- Day-to-day administration of the technical processes related to Financial Aid software, including the importing and exporting of files.
- Documentation and maintenance of policies and procedures for Colleague as it relates to financial aid processing.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all system-related issues
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2 years progressive experience in higher education technology/student information systems, preferably with Colleague
- This role requires a combination of student financial aid functional knowledge, technical expertise, data analysis skills as well as providing support and maintenance of the various software systems
- Experience working with SQL, Oracle databases, ARGOS, MS Office Suite
- High degree of professionalism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Dedication to customer service
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and provide viable solutions and interpret and apply regulations
- Ability to take initiative and provide leadership in implementing technological advances
- Must be proficient at managing multiple competing priorities and work with several constituencies
- Extreme attention to detail
- Travel for training required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Application materials should go to Tara Jones, Chief Financial Aid Officer email@example.com