Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions – DCOB
This position is no longer available.
Assistant Director of Graduate Admission - DCOB
Davis College of Business
The Assistant Director of Graduate Business Programs for the Davis College of Business is responsible for recruiting, matriculation, academic advising and program management. The Assistant Director will proactively seek out prospective candidates and represent the school at business graduate recruitment fairs and events. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of specialized sales, preferably in the professional recruitment of higher education sectors. Looking for self-starting, motivated, relationship-driven, strong communicator who works well independently and with a team.
Essential Job Duties
- Proactively creates an outbound recruitment strategy to identify and develop new graduate student candidates.
- Provides consultative services to prospective students regarding all details of the Graduate Business programs including application, matriculation, course overviews, program requirements, academic policies and procedures.
- Provides academic advising to current students including course selection and schedule. Schedules/hosts official application interviews with each candidate; makes recommendations as part of admissions selection committee.
- Represents the Davis College of Business at local and global recruitment fairs.
- Works collaboratively with the Executive Director of Graduate Programs to address recruitment issues and opportunities while developing comprehensive strategies to achieve annual target enrollment goals.
- Refines and hosts information sessions for prospects and yield events for admitted applicants.
- Supports the development and utilization of recruiting management system; especially to build a strong communication flow for prospective and matriculated students. Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with other business schools and universities.
- Provides expertise on recruitment strategies to marketing team.
- Specialized and relationship-based sales and/or recruiting experience with proven track record of achieving goals
- Working knowledge of student career and academic advising principles, methods and procedures.
- Able to develop, plan and achieve short and long-range goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to evaluate data, assess alternatives and make appropriate decisions/recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including oral, written; especially for presentations.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy, maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project-management skills
- Motivated to work independently but able to thrive and contribute in a team-oriented environment.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Experienced working in a professional environment with strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with higher education recruitment and admission; preferably for MBA programs.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All interested applicants, please send application material to Dr. Teresa Macgregor – email@example.com