- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DONOR RELATIONS & ENGAGEMENT
This position is no longer available.
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DONOR RELATIONS & Engagement
This position garners support for Jacksonville University via ensuring proper stewardship of existing donors and growing our alumni support via annual giving and engagement.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate letters of appreciation from gift recipients for donors
- Develop and coordinate stewardship action plans for scholarship donors, solicitors and student recipients
- Coordinate execution of stewardship plan and acknowledgement process including administering acknowledgement letters
- Cross-trained in endowment and scholarship reporting and stewardship administrator duties
- Support and assist with stewardship events.
- Coordinate production of annual donor report
- Manage a portfolio of roughly 150 donors and/or prospects
- Annual Fund support as requested
Other duties as assigned
Goals and Objectives of the Position:
- Fundraising strategies and innovative techniques
- Effective and strategic communications for targeted constituencies
- Professional volunteer engagement
- The goals of the University Advancement Office
- The mission of the University.
Difficulty and Complexity:
- This position requires a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality and an ability to interact with a variety of entities and individuals to significantly increase the visibility of the University.
- Incumbent must be capable of conveying appropriate messages and representing the University to encourage and facilitate interest in and support of the University’s mission and goals.
- This position has a significant effect on the University’s ability to engage current and future donors in a meaningful way and is responsible for enhancing the University’s ability to identify, establish, create and maintain strong relationships.
- This position requires event participation and staffing; physical mobility is necessary.
- Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals, involving a variety of environments.
- Evening/weekend work is often required.
- While limited physical exertion is involved, considerable mental and emotional pressures exist.
- The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle tension and stress in a positive manner is required.
- No risks or discomforts are imposed upon this position by the physical surroundings or job situation.
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques
- Ability to identify, cultivate and solicit gifts and design join proposals
- Management of a prospect portfolio of roughly 150 constituents and ability to meet goals and metrics for discovery calls and solicitations
- Demonstrated success in securing individual gifts of $500+
- Demonstrated success in volunteer management
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective donors, and interact via electronic communications, telephone and in person with institutional peers.
- Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills in order to develop proposals, professional reports, strategic plans, and correspondence.
- Experience working in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
- Ability to lift and load event materials as well as set-up/break-down event displays.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- A bachelor’s degree and experience in development or donor relations.
- Experience in higher education fundraising preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with fundraising experience or donor relations experiences, particularly with a private college or university.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Applicants should send information to email@example.com.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Recognizing the value of using all available human resources, Jacksonville University affords equal opportunity in employment without regard to race, color, age, veteran status, gender, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presence of a disability. This non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of educational and employment decisions, including recruitment, admission, hiring as well as retention, compensation, transfer and opportunities for advancement.