This position is no longer available.
Jacksonville University is seeking a results-oriented, energetic Admissions Officer with effective decision making skills and customer service experience who can work in a fast-paced environment. This position manages a recruitment territory each year and actively contributes to analyzing data, developing marketing strategies and making initial admissions decisions designed to achieve the goals of headcount, academic quality, diversity, and net revenue objectives. This position will communicate admissions policies and financial aid as well as promote the quality of a Jacksonville University education to prospective students and their families. The admission officer must demonstrate an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members, faculty, students, alumni, administrators, and staff. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required. Travel, valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
Essential Job Duties
Student Recruitment: Meet with prospective students and parents on and off campus to counsel and present information regarding college selection and Jacksonville University. Effectively communicate University information through a variety of channels and provide quality customer service to all impacted audiences throughout the college search. Must build relationships with diverse populations and is the first point of contact with a variety of constituencies including high school counselors, students, parents, career counselors, colleagues from other institutions, state and national organization representatives. Serve on various cross functional teams throughout the university that impact the recruitment and retention of students.
Territory Management and Data Analysis: Analyze recruitment data and use information to strategize and manage a recruitment territory and to determine travel and communication plans. Create targeted marketing strategies and events designed to reach specific audiences in a recruitment territory. Implement effective technological communication and measure success.
Application Review: Guide students and families through the application process, including questions regarding timeline, scholarships, admissibility and admission decisions. Evaluate applications for admission and make recommendations for the admissions committee regarding individual student applications.
- Excellent writing skills, as demonstrated in professional work samples submitted with application materials
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to use discretionary judgment
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft word, office suite
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Excellent leadership and time management skills
- Clear, correct, and effective communication using the English language. Proficiency in one or more foreign languages in desirable, but not required.
- Valid FL Driver’s License with good driving record; must be insurable
- Character: be a person of character, drive and integrity who will represent the University in a professional manner at all times.
- Creativity: have the ability to meet appropriate situation with reasonable, creative responses in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the recruitment effort.
- Commitment: be dedicated to the mission of Jacksonville University in regard to the growth of its student population.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum Work Experience
- Related experience in marketing, sales, event planning, territory management, relationship building, and customer service.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Interested applicants, please send all of your application materials to Todd Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org