This position is no longer available.
Performs all necessary functions related to recruiting, building relationships with and enrolling the necessary quantity and quality of prospective students to meet the enrollment goals of Jacksonville University. The Admissions Counselor is the first point of contact for prospective students and families, represents the University to both internal and external constituencies and participates in community outreach activities within various community-based organizations and high schools. The Admissions Counselor uses ever-changing technology, including the Technolutions Slate CRM and Colleague, to reach and track interaction with students. Some nights, weekend work, and travel may be required.
Essential Job Duties
- Build relationships with prospective students and families to support them through the admissions and enrollment process. Effectively communicate with diverse audiences and constituencies through different channels.
- Serve on various cross-functional teams throughout the University to positively impact the recruitment and retention of students.
- Review applications and make admissions decisions based on criteria and qualifications set forth by the University.
- Analyze historical data to plan and execute travel and recruitment plans for assigned region to help meet University’s enrollment goals
- Help create targeted marketing strategies and plan small-scale events designed to reach specific audiences within assigned territory.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external partners, maintain a student-centered approach, and represent the University in a professional manner.
- Provide support to the international student population throughout the admissions, enrollment, and visa application process.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to think critically and independently problem solve
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and operate different systems
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, take initiative, and make ethical decision
- 8:30am to 5:00pm; flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Some travel required
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience working in customer service, sales, or a related field; Admissions/enrollment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, and other basic technology
- Demonstrated grasp of English language, including the ability to write clearly, professionally, and free of grammatical errors. Writing samples may be requested.
- Familiarity with international student recruitment and the US student visa application process a plus
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.