- Office of Human Resources
- Announcements and Dates
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Forms & Documents
- Employee Health and Wellness
- Training and Development
- Employees Only
- Meet Your Staff
Provide general administrative support to Chief Advancement Officer and Department professionals. Perform administrative, clerical and general office duties.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain daily calendar, schedule meetings and appointments for Department Chief and others as requested.
- Responsible for sharing phone answering and mail.
- Handle correspondence for Department Chief.
- Interact with visitors, donors, Board of Trustee members and Jacksonville University personnel as appropriate.
- Handle Department correspondence with donors and University personnel; letters, memorandum, notice of meetings, etc.
- Handle travel arrangements for Department Chief.
- Assist Chief in administering external events.
- Handle arrangements for functions including facility arrangements, food receptions for University Advancement, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fifty-five wpm typing skills, excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong computer skills in Raiser’s Edge or some similar form of development/constituent management software preferred.
- Some office management experience preferred.
- Shorthand/Dictaphone skills helpful.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, maturity to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter with good initiative and use good judgment.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Some after-hours work may be required.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School education, University degree desired or equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience strongly preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
I acknowledge receipt and understanding of this job description. I verify that I am capable of and willing to fulfill all essential functions of this position. I am willing to be flexible and willing to do various jobs that are not listed, as the need arises.
Applicants should send relevant materials to Sharon Getz at firstname.lastname@example.org.