Accounts Payable Coordinator
This position is no longer available.
Accounts Payable Coordinator
Accounting and Financial Services
The accounts payable coordinator supports the success of the Jacksonville University community through an efficient and modern accounts payable program. As a member of the accounting and financial services team, the AP coordinator facilitates the proper utilization and disbursement of university resources in a strategic and customer-friendly manner. In addition to providing oversight to the accounts payable program, the AP coordinator proactively researches and resolves concerns, continuously enhances AP services to meet the changing needs of the JU community, ensures compliance and contributes to the work of the accounting team.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead and implement a responsive, dynamic, and customer-friendly accounts payable program to include, but not limited to, entering and approving information within the financial system, updating vendor information, disbursing payments, voiding payments, maintaining records, processing refunds, and auditing payment requests.
- Administer the University’s p-card and virtual card programs to include, but not limited to, ensuring the timely processing of p-card statements, communicating with p-cardholders and supervisors, serving as a liaison to the financial institution, and entering and approving information within the financial system.
- Serve as the point of contact for the University’s expense management platform, currently ChromeRiver. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving as the lead system administrator within the department, training new users, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring information integrates with the University’s financial system.
- Review financial transactions for accuracy - correct financial transactions when necessary; returns financial documents to the originator for correction when necessary; analyze vendor or employee financial data prior to payments, and reconciles vendor accounts.
- Research questions and resolve problems brought forth by internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, vendors, team members, faculty, and staff.
- Analyze financial transactions, payment requests, and other financial data.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, accounting guidelines, funding guidelines, and university policies and procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining internal controls and recommending improvements to controls, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare and distribute reports as requested and contributes to the University’s monthly close and fiscal year-end processes.
- Prepare, process, and approve journal entries.
- Participate in the annual audit process.
- Communicate effectively via all formats with internal and external stakeholders, including, but not limited to, ensuring the proper flow of information, providing training, updating and distributing manuals, and advising team members and University employees.
- Provide superior customer service and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Ensure all relevant federal and state tax reports, documents, and payments are completed, entered, and processed in a timely manner. This includes, but is not limited to, W9s 1099s, and assisting with 1042s.
- Manage and support assigned personnel to include, but not limited to, coaching, professional development, delegation, and evaluation.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess analytical ability.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts toward completion, and deliver with a high degree of quality on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically and evaluate procedures and make recommendations that are appropriate to improving productivity.
- Must be able to communicate with faculty, staff, and the college community in a professional, positive and helpful manner.
- Well-lighted office environment.
- Ability to work in an office environment with extensive use of computer and telephone; ability to lift and carry up to ten pounds; ability to read and write and to handle and process paper documents.
Prerequisites Required for Position
Minimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration/Management or related field or an Associate’s Degree with at least seven years of relevant work experience.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum four years of relevant experience with at least 1 year as a team lead or supervisor.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, project management, communication skills, and solid Microsoft Suite skills required. Ability to provide exceptional customer service and leadership, demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, integrity, experience working well with multiple teams and stakeholders, time management skills, and project management experience.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
All interested applicants, send your application materials to email@example.com.