The accountant will be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support the reconciliation of campaign funds pledged and received. The accountant will report to the AVP of Financial Management and Controller. The accountant collaborates very closely with the Controller’s Department personnel and the University Advancement (“Advancement”) personnel.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepare reconciliation of campaign funds recorded per Advancement versus Accounting every month.
- Meet with Advancement monthly to discuss reconciliation differences between Advancement and Accounting records.
- Assist with recording of pledged and gift payments received.
- Assist with month-end close activities including the preparation of journal entries.
- Assist with preparation of annual financial audit work papers.
- Run various financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Complete other projects and functions as deemed necessary by management.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical ablility.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing practices and principles, including accounting for gifts and pledges.
- Strong sense of time management and organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and projects, mobilize efforts toward completion; deliver with a high degree of quality, error free, on a consistent basis.
- Proficient with ERP systems and Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP’s, @functions, etc.), Word and Outlook.
- Excellent commincation skills.
- Ability to work in an office environment with extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry up to twenty pounds; ability to read, write, handle and process paper documents.
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines.
- Vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens.
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (preferred).
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience – experience with campaign gifts pledged a plus.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and Staff
All Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy, please click the link below.JU Vaccination Policy
Interested applicants are asked to submit a copy of their resume along with a completed JU Application to Ron Bambacus at firstname.lastname@example.org.