FAQ: Online Students

Jump to...

I’ve been accepted into Jacksonville University’s online program. How do I find out what Financial Aid I qualify for?

The first step you want to do is complete a FAFSA and add JU as a school to receive it, our school code is 001495. For example, you would complete a 2016-2017 FAFSA for aid for the Fall ’16, Spring ’16, and Summer ’17 semesters.

Read your Student Aid Report carefully. If there are any issues that affect your eligibility for aid and/or require action on your part, it may be noted there.

Back to top.

I completed my FAFSA. Now what?

The U.S. Department of Education will send your FAFSA information to us electronically. Your Financial Aid Award Letter will be generated within two weeks of receipt of your FAFSA. Award Letter information and missing information notifications will be sent to you through the mail or via your JU e-mail address.

Back to top.

I did my FAFSA several weeks ago and haven’t received anything, how can I check to see if my Financial Aid Award Letter has been generated?

Log in to My JU.

Go into Web Advisor.

web advisor screenshot

You can view your Financial Aid information in the Financial Aid section.

webadvisor financial aid screenshot

Back to top.

I saw my award letter. Do I need to submit anything else?

Click on the “My Documents” link under the Communication heading in WebAdvisor to view your missing documents.

Back to top.

I see the list of missing documents. Where do I find them to submit?

Paper forms need to be submitted on occasion, but in most cases, forms can be found and submitted electronically through the Forms section of our webpage.

Back to top.

I have an outstanding item that says “Citizenship C Flag”, what does that mean?

The Social Security Administration did not confirm that you are a U.S. citizen. Provide your financial aid office with documentation of your U.S. citizenship (such as your U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Birth Certificate). If the documents support your status as a U.S. citizen, the financial aid office at your school will make a copy of your documentation and can continue to process your federal student aid.

Back to top.

I submitted all of my documents, how do I know if they’ve been received?

You can see if your documents have been received in the “My Documents” link in WebAdvisor.

Back to top.

I’m having trouble logging into MyJU portal. Who do I contact?

The IT HelpDesk at 904-256-7200 or helpdesk@ju.edu.

Back to top.

How many credits do I need to take to qualify for financial aid?

The enrollment information for your awards can be found on your award letter, an example is below.


Back to top.

How is financial aid broken down per term?

Financial aid is awarded per semester, there are two 8 week terms in a 16 week semester. In the example above, if a student is enrolled 6 credits in the first term and 6 credits in the second term, the student would get their loan funds in the first term and the FRAG grant funds in the second term.

Back to top.

When will my financial aid be disbursed?

Approximately 3 weeks after the drop date into the term where the enrollment requirement is met if all documents have been received and processed. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to your JU e-mail address from the Controller’s Office the day before your disbursement is sent out.

Back to top.

Will my tuition be paid out of my financial aid?

No, you will be sent all of your financial aid. You are responsible for making your scheduled tuition payments to Bisk.

Back to top.

I received a “Federal Aid Activity Notice” e-mail. What does that mean?

Your federal financial aid funds have been paid to your account and are no longer pending. Most financial aid disbursements are sent out within 2 weeks of this notice being sent.

Back to top.

I’ve submitted all my documents, I’m enrolled in the required number of credits, and it’s 4 weeks into the term. Why have I not received my confirmation e-mail that my disbursement has been sent?

Several factors can delay financial aid disbursements. If you were selected for an additional review by the Department of Education, such as verification or unusual enrollment history, additional documentation and/or processing time may be required to determine your eligibility for aid. Be sure to keep an eye on your JU e-mail for any questions or requests for additional information.

Back to top.

I am being asked for documentation I’ve previously submitted. Do I need to provide it again? If so, why?

Yes, if documentation is being requested, you will need to submit it to our office for processing. State and Federal regulations require that we collect certain documentation even if it was submitted previously to a different department or for a prior year.

Back to top.

How will my financial aid be disbursed to me?

A check will be mailed to the address on file if you have not signed up for direct deposit. If you are interested in signing up for direct deposit you can contact the Controller’s Office at 904-256-7080 or controlr@ju.edu for more information.

Back to top.

My lender is requesting payment for my student loans, but I am currently enrolled in courses. How can I get that information to my lender?

The Registrar’s Office verifies enrollment. You can contact them at 904-256-7090 orregist@ju.edu for further assistance.

Back to top.