Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. William Montford
Asst Pro of Marketing
Davis College of Business
Dr. Montford is an Assistant Professor of Marketing in Jacksonville University’s Davis College of Business. Before pursuing an academic career, he worked for sixteen years in the financial industry. During his career, he worked for several institutions across a range of industries including portfolio management, investment analysis, personal banking, marketing, and sales and service. Dr. Montford earned his Ph.D. (marketing), MBA, and BS (finance) from Florida State University.
Dr. Montford’s research interests focus on consumer decision-making and lies at the intersection of consumer behavior and public policy. Specifically, he examines issues in the context of financial and sustainability decisions. His work has been published in leading scholarly journals including the Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, the Journal of Consumer Marketing, and the International Journal of Consumer Studies. He has presented his work at numerous academic conferences including the AMA’s Marketing and Publicly Policy conference, the Association of Marketing Theory and Practice conference, and the Southeast Marketing symposium. Dr. Montford has served as an ad hoc reviewer for the Journal of Consumer Behavior, Academy of Marketing Science, and the AMA’s Marketing and Public Policy annual conference. He is a member of the American Marketing Association, the Association for Consumer Research, and the Society for Consumer Psychology.
Dr. Montford has taught a variety of marketing courses including Principles of Marketing, Consumer Behavior, and Marketing Research.
- Ph.D. - Florida State University, Marketing
- MBA - Florida State University
- BS - Florida State University, Finance
- Assistant Professor of Marketing, Jacksonville University, 2016-Present
- Visiting Instructor of Marketing, Florida State University, 2016
- Teaching Assistant/Instructor of Marketing, Florida State University, 2012-2016
- Manager of Research Subject Pool, Florida State University, 2013-2016
- Investment Strategist and Portfolio Manager, Capital City Trust Company, 2005-2012
- Investment Analyst, State of Florida, 2002–2005
- Marketing Director, State of Florida, 2001-2002
- Investment Advisor and Sales Broker, Capital City Bank 2000-2001
- Office Manager and Business Development Officer, Atlantic States Bank 1998-2000
Recent Scholarship and Research
William Montford*, R. Bret Leary and Thomas Burnham (2018).
“Responsibility Aversion and Self-Other Financial Decision Making,”
presented at the AMA Marketing and Public Policy Workshop and Doctoral
Consortium, Columbus, OH.
Montford, William, John Peloza, and Ronald Goldsmith. “No Pain, No Gain. How PACE Information Attenuates Consumption,” Journal of Consumer Marketing, 34 (7), 525-540.
Montford, William, and Ronald E. Goldsmith, (2016) “How Gender and Financial Self-Efficacy Influence Investment Risk Taking,” International Journal of Consumer Studies, 40 (1), 101-106.
Peloza, John, Christine Ye and William Montford (2015). “When Companies Do Good, Are Their Products Good for You? How Corporate Social Responsibility Creates a Health Halo” Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, 34 (1), 19-31.