Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business & Technology
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Todd Hall
Associate Prof of Sport Business
Davis College of Business
Todd Hall, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor of Sport Business at Jacksonville University. He joined the Davis College of Business & Technology after teaching in the Sport Management Program at Georgia Southern University for five years. As the Coordinator of the graduate program at GSU, Hall supervised the transition of the traditional in-class program into the sixth ranked fully online sport management program (as rated by TopManagementDegrees.com).
Since joining the faculty at JU, Hall has worked hard to improve student access to and JU presence in the local sport industry. He has hosted executives from the Jacksonville Suns, Jaguars, PGA Tour, NFL, and ESPN among others. As such, Dr. Hall continues his commitment to blur the lines between academia and the sport industry. He is currently bridging this gap with a course offering structured around JU hosting two rounds of the NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament. With this project, students will obtain hands-on experience in managing a large-scale sporting event.
Hall also maintains an active research agenda. His research interests cover a variety of research methods and subjects pertaining to sport marketing. Measuring how fans and employees experience sporting events and their response to sponsorship efforts are two topics that garner most of his attention. Hall has published in a variety of outlets including Journal of Sport Management, Sport Marketing Quarterly, International Journal of Revenue Management, Sport Management Education Journal, and the International Journal of Sport Management and Marketing, among others.
- Ph.D. Sport Management, Texas A&M
- Dissertation: "Sponsorship and the internal audience: Examining how corporate sponsorship is related to organization identification and job satisfaction."
- MBA Sport Marketing, University of Oregon
- BS Management, University of Lethbridge
- Assistant Professor , Davis College of Business & Technology, Jacksonville University, August 2013 – present
- Assistant Professor , Department of Health & Kinesiology, Georgia Southern University, August 2008 – July 2013
- Graduate Program Director, August 2010 – July 2013
- Lecturer , Department of Health and Kinesiology, Texas A&M University, September 2007 – July 2008
Ballouli, K., Koesters, T. C., & Hall, T. (in press). Leverage and activation of sponsorship through music festivals. Event Management, 1-26.
Dees, W., Hall, T., & Tsuji, Y. (2015). Examining the roles of event personality, identification, and attitudes in a sport sponsorship context. International Journal of Sport Management 16(3), 437-454.
I am a sport enthusiast. I enjoy all sorts of sporting activities with my children (family kickball games get particularly competitive!), and watching movies with my wife.