Faculty & Staff Directory
Division of Social Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
- Ph.D., M.A., M.S., Utah State University
Fields Of Study
- Comparative politics
- Asian politics
- International relations
- International political economy
- International Politics (POL 208)
- International Organizations (POL 301)
- International Political Economy
- National Security Policy (POL 314)
- East Asian Politics
- Southeast Asia (POL 325)
- Vietnam (POL 326)
- The Philippines (POL 327)
- American Foreign Policy (POL 403)
- Politics in Film
Selected Publications, Awards, And Service
- "Maintaining the Colony: The Philippine Commonwealth and the Tydings-Kocialkowski Act of 1939," The Selected Annual Proceedings of the Florida Conference of Historians (14) 2007. Winner of the Campbell Award for the best paper of 2006.
- "Three Strikes You’re Out: American Imperialism, the Huk Rebellion and the Failed Amnesty of 1948." Pilipinas: A Journal of Philippine Studies (38) March 2002. (Appeared in 2004).
- "The Struggle for Economic Development in the Philippine Commonwealth, 1935-1940." Philippine Studies (50:2) Spring 2002.
- "Dependent States and Development Coalitions: The Politics of Import and Exchange Control in the Philippines, 1935-1950." Southeast Review of Asian Studies (18) 1996.
- Review: The Transformation of Chinese Socialism, by Lin Chun. New Political Science: A Journal of Politics and Culture (29:1) 2007.
- Review: After Postcolonialism: Remapping Philippines-United States Confrontations, E. San Juan Jr., Journal of Asian and African Studies (38:1) 2003.
- Review: Embedded Autonomy: States and Industrial Transformation, Peter Evans, Asian Thought and Society (61) 1996.
- "Evaluation of PISA's Mid-Career Training Program at the Institute of International Relations in Hanoi." A Report to the Ford Foundation and the Program for International Studies in Asia, September 28, 1998.
- "Report on the Program in International Political Economy in Southeast Asia," conducted for the Institute of International Relations, Hanoi. September 9 - October 18, 1996; and on the short course in International Political Economy, conducted for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ho Chi Minh City, November 4-November 8, 1996. A Report to the Ford Foundation and the Program for International Studies in Asia, December 31, 1996.
- "Brave New World: Facing the Market in Vietnam." Report on the Program in International Political Economy at the Institute of International Relations, Hanoi, Vietnam. September 19-December 9, 1994. A Report to the Ford Foundation and the Program for International Studies in Asia, January 6, 1994.
- Irvine Diversity Grant: 2000. Curriculum grant for a course in Philippine studies.
- University of Michigan: 1997. Center for South and Southeast Asian Studies Research Grant
- Editorial Board, NCUR, 2011
- Debating Globalization: Youth Perspectives on the Global Economic and Social Order. (Global Youth Action Network: Paris, France) 2005.
- Treasurer, Florida Conference of Historians, 2005-2009.