Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Richard Murphy
Assoc Prof of Marketing
Davis College of Business
Dr. Dick Murphy operates a Marketing Consulting firm in Ponte Vedra, FL. I have spent the majority of my working life in the transportation industry holding many senior executive positions. The past twenty years he has devoted most of my energy to applying this knowledge to solving marketing related problems for organizations in this industry group.
Probably his greatest accomplishment in life was coming home alive after two tours of duty with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam; after that, he notes that everything else is easy.
He has been married to the same woman for 50 years (He thinks she’s only staying around to see what is going to happen next) and have two children, Maureen & Terence. Maureen was born with a physical disability called Osteogenesis Imperfecta a congenital bone disease known as “brittle bones”. Maureen is single & lives here in Florida. Terry has been married for fifteen years and lives in East Stroudsburg, PA with his wife Eve and their two sons, Matthew & Daniel.
- D.B.A. - Management (First Specialty), Nova Southeastern University, 1999
- Marketing (Second Specialty), Nova Southeastern University, 2002
- M.B.A. - Quantitative Management, Fordham University, New Your City, NY
- B.S. - Business Management, St. Peters College, Jersey City, NJ
- Baker College, Management/Marketing 1999-2005
- Florida CC Jacksonville, Management 1999
- University of North Florida, Marketing, Strategy, 1999-2004
- Central Michigan University, Org. Behavior, Financial Management, Quantitative Analysis, 2000-05
- Nova Southeastern University, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, 1999-2006
- Embry-Riddle University, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, 2004-06
Recent Scholarship & Research
- “The Use of the Relationship between Market Orientation and Business Performance to Determine Marketing Strategy” Journal of American Business Review Vol: 3 Num. 2 Dec. 2014, Murphy, Werner
- “Green Marketing, Fad or Reality” Academy of Business Research March 2013
- “The Effect of Ethical Pricing” Global Business & International Management Journal Vol. 6 Num. 1 January 2013”
- “Is Emotional Intelligence the Key to Medical Sales Success?: The Relationship Between EI and Sales Performance” Review of Management Innovation and Creativity Vol. 5 Issue 16 2012
- “INTEGRITY AND ETHICS IN LEADERSHIP” International Journal of Accounting Information Science & Leadership Vol. 5 Issue 15 2012
- An Evaluation of Consumer Buying Criteria and its Impact on the Purchase of Commoditized Laptops” The Journal of International Business Management & Research Vol. 3 Issue 9 2012
- “Are Price, Quality, and Value Mutually Exclusive” The Journal of Global Business Management Vol. 8 No. 2, August 2012
- “Is Market Orientation an Advantage for Business Performance” The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge Vol. 17 No.2, 201