Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Richard Murphy
Assoc Prof of Marketing
Davis College of Business
Dr. Dick Murphy operates a Marketing Consulting firm in Ponte Vedra, FL. I have spent the majority of my working life in the transportation industry holding many senior executive positions. The past twenty years he has devoted most of my energy to applying this knowledge to solving marketing related problems for organizations in this industry group.
Probably his greatest accomplishment in life was coming home alive after two tours of duty with the Marine Corps in Viet Nam; after that, he notes that everything else is easy.
He has been married to the same woman for 50 years (He thinks she’s only staying around to see what is going to happen next) and have two children, Maureen & Terence. Maureen was born with a physical disability called Osteogenesis Imperfecta a congenital bone disease known as “brittle bones”. Maureen is single & lives here in Florida. Terry has been married for fifteen years and lives in East Stroudsburg, PA with his wife Eve and their two sons, Matthew & Daniel.
- D.B.A. - Management (First Specialty), Nova Southeastern University, 1999
- Marketing (Second Specialty), Nova Southeastern University, 2002
- M.B.A. - Quantitative Management, Fordham University, New Your City, NY
- B.S. - Business Management, St. Peters College, Jersey City, NJ
- Baker College, Management/Marketing 1999-2005
- Florida CC Jacksonville, Management 1999
- University of North Florida, Marketing, Strategy, 1999-2004
- Central Michigan University, Org. Behavior, Financial Management, Quantitative Analysis, 2000-05
- Nova Southeastern University, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, 1999-2006
- Embry-Riddle University, Organizational Behavior, Operations Management, 2004-06
The Correlation Between Florida’s Blood Alcohol Concentration Testing Laws in Motor Vehicle Traffic Accidents Resulting in Fatalities From 2000 – 2015. Academy of Business, Cambridge The Journal of American Academy of Business Volume 24 Number 1 June 2018
Treatise on the Importance of “Delivering Superior Customer Value” In Today’s Market Economy; Proceedings of the AABRI Conference St. Augustine, Florida; January, 2018
Richard Murphy, George H. G. Hall
Cash for Your Inconvenience-An Ethical Question Journal of Business Cases and Applications Volume 15, December, 2015 George H. G. Hall, Richard Murphy