Faculty & Staff Directory
College of Arts & Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Pam Crawford
Professor and Chair of Mathematics
Ph.D., Western Michigan University
Areas of Specialization
Undergraduate Mathematics Education, History of Mathematics, Complex Analysis
- Jacksonville University Liaison for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Governor/Section Representative for the Florida Section of the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), 2016-2019.
- Member of the SAT Mathematics Committee.
- Reader for the Advanced Placement Calculus Exam (AB and BC).
- Co-organizer of the MAA Contributed Paper Session on "The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Collegiate Mathematics," AMS/MAA Joint Meetings (2010 – present).
- "Calculus Challenges: An Active-Learning Approach" written with colleagues Dr. Daniel Moseley, Dr. Mike Nancarrow, and Dr. Erika Ward – Published in special issue of PRIMUS (Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies) on Improving the Teaching and Learning of Calculus (May 2018). Sought out by editors of this special PRIMUS journal volume to contribute article on challenges of teaching collegiate calculus.
- "Investigating How Students’ Linking Historical Events to Developments in Mathematics Changed Engagement in a History of Mathematics Course" – Published in Doing the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Mathematics, edited by J. Dewar and C. Bennett, MAA Notes series (Volume 83, 2015). This volume is a how-to guide for doing Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) research in mathematics and was published to promote a greater understanding of SoTL work and its value to the mathematics community.