Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Hassan Pordeli
Professor, Economics & Finance; Hugh Culverhouse Endowed Chair
Davis College of Business
Dr. Hassan Pordeli was named Prudential /JU Professor of the year in 1993-94. Dr. Pordeli has published extensively in the field of applied economics. His most recent publications has appeared in the Journal of Business Case Studies, Journal of Management and Marketing Research, and the Journal of International Business and Economic Research. His primary areas of interest are in applied research and community related projects. He is the recipient of the City of Jacksonville Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Community and Citizens of Jacksonville. For relaxation, He enjoys painting, international travel, visiting friends and family and watching sporting events. Dr. Pordeli lives in Arlington with his wife, Leyla. They have two children, Parsa and Donya.
This is not a comprehensive list.
- PPOL 501: Microeconomics for Public Policy
- PPOL 502: Public Finance
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln
- M.A., Economics, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Ghazali, Iran
- Professor of Economics and Finance, Jacksonville University, 1996- present
- Interim Dean, Davis College of Business, Jacksonville University, 2004
- Chair, Curriculum Committee, Davis College of Business, Jacksonville University, 2002-04
- Dean, College of Business, and Professor of Economics, Jacksonville University, 1994-96
- Interim Dean, College of Business, Jacksonville University 1993 ‑ 1994
- Professor of Economics and Finance, Assistant to the Dean, Jacksonville University, 1992‑1993
- Chair of the Division of Accounting, Jacksonville University, 1991‑1992
- Associate Professor of Economics and Finance, Jacksonville University, 1987-1991
- Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance, Jacksonville University 1983
- Instructor, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln 1983‑1986
- Instructor, Lincoln School of Commerce, 1982
- Assistant Instructor, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln, 1981
- Teaching Assistant, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln, 1980‑1981
- Teaching Assistant, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln, 1979
- Instructor, Division of Continuing Studies, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln, 1979‑1983
Recent Research & Scholarship
Economic Impact of Blount Island Command. This Report was prepared and funded by A. Harold & Associates, LLC and presented at the Blount Island Command, Jacksonville, Florida, August 7, 2013.
The Economic Impact on the Jacksonville Community of the Real$ense Prosperity Campaign to expand awareness of the Earned Income Tax Credit in the Jacksonville Community. This study is coauthored with Peter Wynkoop and funded by the Jessie Ball DuPont Foundation. This study was completed in July, 2011.
Economic Impact of Florida State College of Jacksonville on the Economy of Northeast Florida. This study is anticipated to be completed in August 2011 and is coauthored with Peter Wynkoop.