Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Hassan Pordeli
Professor, Economics & Finance; Hugh Culverhouse Endowed Chair
Davis College of Business
Dr. Hassan Pordeli was named Prudential /JU Professor of the year in 1993-94. Dr. Pordeli has published extensively in the field of applied economics. His most recent publications has appeared in the Journal of Business Case Studies, Journal of Management and Marketing Research, and the Journal of International Business and Economic Research. His primary areas of interest are in applied research and community related projects. He is the recipient of the City of Jacksonville Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Community and Citizens of Jacksonville. For relaxation, He enjoys painting, international travel, visiting friends and family and watching sporting events. Dr. Pordeli lives in Arlington with his wife, Leyla. They have two children, Parsa and Donya.
This is not a comprehensive list.
- PPOL 501: Microeconomics for Public Policy
- PPOL 502: Public Finance
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln
- M.A., Economics, University of Nebraska‑Lincoln
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Ghazali, Iran
- Professor of Economics and Finance, Jacksonville University, 1996- present
- Interim Dean, Davis College of Business, Jacksonville University, 2004
- Dean, College of Business, and Professor of Economics, Jacksonville University, 1994-96
- Interim Dean, College of Business, Jacksonville University 1993 ‑ 1994
- Professor of Economics and Finance, Assistant to the Dean, Jacksonville University, 1992‑1993
- Chair of the Division of Accounting, Jacksonville University, 1991‑1992
Pordeli. H.; Wynkoop, P: “Pubic-Private Partnership as a Solution for Financing Public Infrastructure”. This paper was presented at the Academic and Business Research Institute International Conference San Antonio, Texas, March 22-24, 2018. This study is expected to be published in the Fall of 2018.
The Economic Impact of Jacksonville University in Northeast Florida. This report was accepted and presented at the Academic and Business Research Institute Annual Conference in Asheville North Carolina, March 23-25, 2017.This study is expected to be published in the Fall of 2018 in the “Research in Business and Economics Journal”.
The Economic Impact of Jacksonville University in Northeast Florida. This report was accepted and presented at the Academic and Business Research Institute Annual Conference in Orlando, Florida, January 7-9, 2016. This study was published in the Fall of 2015 in the “Research in Business and Economics Journal”.
The Economic Impact of Jacksonville University in Northeast Florida. This report was accepted and presented at the Mid-Continent Regional Science Association 46th Annual Conference in St. Louis Missouri, May 27-29, 2015.