Faculty & Staff Directory
College of Arts & Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Erika Ward
Associate Professor of Mathematice
- Ph.D., University of Kansas, 2010
- B.S., Juniata College (magna cum laude), 2002
Areas of Specialization
Fourier Analysis, Real Analysis, Gerrymandering, spatial applications of mathematics,
scholarship of teaching and learning
- Invited to lead workshops for middle and high school teachers at Jayhawk Math Teachers' Circle Workshop, May 2019: Geometry and Gerrymandering and Rounding and Representation.
- Homework at the board: shifting feedback and responsibility, published 2019 in PRIMUS: Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies.
- "Calculus Challenges: An Active-Learning Approach" written with colleagues Dr. Pam Crawford, Dr. Daniel Moseley, and Dr. Mike Nancarrow, published in special issue of PRIMUS (Problems, Resources, and Issues in Mathematics Undergraduate Studies) on Improving the Teaching and Learning of Calculus (May 2018) by discussing challenges of teaching collegiate calculus.
- Leibniz's Rule, Sampling and Wavelets on Mixed Lebesgue Spaces, with Rodolfo Torres, published in The Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications, 2015.
- Jacksonville University Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Fellows Grant (2015-2016).
- Research collaboration about the Mathematics of Ingress (a video game) with Kim Roth, resulting in an AMS/MAA Joint Mathematics meetings talk, an invited talk at Juniata College, an invited talk for the MathILy program, a Jacksonville University Science & Engineering Lecture Series (SELS) talk, and ongoing student research.
- Attended two workshops with the Metric Geometry and Gerrymandering Group, resulting in classroom innovations, an invited outreach talk at Florida State University, a SELS talk, and ongoing student research.
- Several results in classical and modern harmonic analysis in mixed Lebesgue spaces, with Rodolfo Torres, published in RIMS Kȏkyûroku Bessatsu, 2018.