Faculty & Staff Directory
Davis College of Business
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Douglass Izard
Resource Prof Finance & Accounting
Davis College of Business
C. Douglass Izard, PhD is a Resource Professor in Accounting & Finance in the Davis College of Business at Jacksonville University. Doug began his career in public accounting with KPMG and followed by several other firms including owning and operating his own CPA practice in Mississippi and Tennessee for 20 years. He was a certified public accountant in the states of Mississippi and Tennessee for over 25 years.
Doug is a retired US Army Lieutenant Colonel (Active, Reserves and National Guard) and a graduate of US Army War College. He was Chief Finance & Accounting Officer, Tennessee Army National Guard when he retired and had commanded a Finance Battalion.
After "retiring", he established two real estate companies in Florida, later becoming CFO for Ice House America, a fast growing Jacksonville-based company operating in 26 states and five foreign countries. As CFO he led the company through conversion from tax-based accounting to GAAP, through their first independent audit and finally through a leverage ESOP. Retiring again, he started teaching as an adjunct at Jacksonville University.
Dr. Izard has authored more than 45 articles which have appeared in journals such as The Journal of the American Taxation Association, The Tax Adviser, The Practical Accountant, The Tax Executive, Issues in Accounting Education, and The Journal of Accounting Education. Doug has frequently been an invited speaker at tax conferences and institutes. He is former president of the Knoxville Chapter of the Tennessee Society of CPAs and has chaired a number of committees of the American Taxation Association and several State Societies of CPAs. Doug is married to the former Ellen Reinhart, and he has a son and two stepdaughters. Doug and Ellen are avid boaters and enjoy all outside activities in addition to reading. His inside hobbies are woodworking and technology.
- Ph.D. Accounting, University of Mississippi
- M.B.A. Business Administration, Mississippi College
- B.S. Accounting, Delta State University
- B.S. Political Science, Delta State University
- Resource Professor of Accounting, Jacksonville University, 2012-Present
- Adjunct Professor of Accounting, Jacksonville University, 2011-12
- Associate Professor, University of Tennessee Knoxville, 1980-95
- Managing Member and Broker, Virtual Realty and Management 2010-Present
- Co-Owner and Co-Broker, Queen’s Harbor Real Estate Company, 2007-10
- Managing Partner and Broker, WaterMarke Realty Group, 2008-10
- Chief Financial Officer, IHA Holdings, Inc. 2007-08
- Americas Licensing Manager, IBM, 2002-07
- Chief Knowledge Officer, KPMG, 1997-2002
- Dean, School of Taxation, Internal Revenue Service, 1995-97
- Certified Public Accountant, 1969-95
- U S Army (National Guard) 1970-98
Recent Scholarship & Research
“Taxation Education and Training at the Internal Revenue Service,” The Tax Adviser, pp. 114-115, February, 1997.
“Summary of ‘Outcomes Assessment’”, with Richard Baker, Frieda Bayer, Alexander Gabbin, Fred Jacobs, and Shirley Polejewski, Journal of Accounting Education, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 105-114, 1994.
“A Potpourri of Tax Highlights,” WEST's Federal Taxation, Vol. 10, Spring, 1994.