Faculty & Staff Directory
College of Arts & Sciences
2800 University Blvd N
Jacksonville, FL 32211
Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If there is a problem with your profile or information, or if you want to opt out of inclusion in the directory, please let us know.
Dr. Carole Barnett
Professor of Humanities
- Ph.D., Florida State University
- M.A., Florida State University
- B.A., Florida State University
The Humanities Department encourages our majors to participate in the JU campus community. There are many resources for student success and all majors are encouraged to present their research at the JU Research Symposium or other venues.
Please feel free to drop by our offices anytime! Dr. Owens and I are always excited to welcome new students who may want to hear more about this exciting program.
Dr. Carole Barnett, has been involved in the JU and local community and scholarship initiatives for over 20 years. See Curriculum Vitae
Brief Overview of accomplishments:
- One of the first Professors at JU to be awarded a National Endowment of the Humanities Grant (NEH). She received 2nd award and was a Resident Scholar at the University of Chicago in Arabic and Islamic History
- Served on the Board of the First Coast Scholars Program for Duval County
- One of three JU faculty Seminar Leaders for the inaugural First Coast Scholars Program, providing intensive, seminars for Duval County public school teachers through the Schultz Center for Teaching and Leadership.
- Partnered with Princeton University and Harvard Universities for enriching summer seminars for Duval Teachers
- Served on Board of World Affairs Council of Jacksonville promoting educational seminars and helped to develop programs for Duval County Schools to provide a Global understanding curriculum of World Affairs.
- Jacksonville University Scholarship for Teaching and Learning Research
- Chaired or served on numerous Jacksonville University Committees and initiatives such as the Women’s History Month, Student Life Committees
- Developed many summer abroad initiatives to compliment classroom courses such as summer abroad trips and archaeological field studies in Italy, Greece, Turkey, France, Switzerland
- Awarded sabbatical and research funds for Arabic studies in United Arab Emirates and initiated a Middle East Studies Minor
- Dr. Barnett supports the Greek life community at JU and is a member and Faculty Academic advisor for Alpha Delta Pi Sorority.