Apply to the Davis Grad2Grad Program
- Students with a 3.0 GPA or higher can apply for the Grad2Grad Program during their sophomore and junior years. Gifted Freshman are invited by the Davis College of Business to apply early.
- Seniors will have the opportunity to accelerate their entrance into the graduate business program by taking graduate classes in their senior year.
- Allows students to earn an undergraduate and graduate degree in four or five years.
- Cost of obtaining both degrees is reduced significantly since graduate prerequisites taken at the undergraduate level and up to 12 credits may apply to both degrees. Reduces the graduate program cost of tuition by up to 25%.
- 4 + 1 and 3 + 1 Grad2Grad students receive first priority at graduate assistantships that are available.
- Students who decide not to continue with their graduate studies after receiving the bachelor’s degree still receive up to 12 graduate credits and can re-enroll in the program at a later date.
- All graduate business classes are available to attend on campus, live streamed, or by recorded session. Customize classes your way!
- Students will have access to career advising, internships offerings, and job placement activities through Career Management.
The Grad2Grad program can be achieved in either a 5 year (4 + 1) or 4 year (3 + 1) format depending on your goals and the availability of a customized class schedule for your programs.
Jump start your career! The Davis 4+1 Grad2Grad Program allows students to develop educational credentials that distinguish them in the job market.
Admission to the Davis Grad2Grad program is a two-step process.
- First, all admissions materials must be completed and on file before your advising appointment.
- A one-page statement of career goals which include:
- What Business Graduate Degree you are pursuing
- Anticipated undergraduate Graduation Date
- A copy of your current resume
- A one-page statement of career goals which include:
- Second, after receipt of these completed items, candidates for admission may be invited to an advising appointment where the Curriculum Approval Worksheet will be completed. Ms. Anderson is the advisor for the program. Please email the required document to email@example.com and she will schedule an Grad2Grad advising appointment.
Successful completion of these two steps results in admission to the Grad2Grad Program if you meet the program requirements. The Grad2Grad program can be achieved in either a 5 year (4 + 1) or 4 year (3 + 1) format depending on your goals and the availability of a customized class schedule for your programs.
The following business graduate degree descriptions are included to assist you with the application process:
The Accelerated (Grad2Grad) MBA curriculum is an accelerated program consisting of 36 credit hours for a general MBA degree and 39 credit hours for an MBA with a concentration in one of the following six areas: Accounting and Finance, Management, or Portfolio Management. Non-business degree graduates must complete the foundation courses within the graduate business program or their equivalent in an undergraduate school of business. Up to 12 credits can be taken during the student’s undergraduate degree. The Accelerated (Grad2Grad) MBA program allows a student to earn an MBA in just 12 months or less of continuous study in a full-time program. It builds on a foundation of core business knowledge, while making development of a student's leadership skills a priority. Graduates from this program leave with solid business expertise and a portfolio of demonstrated leadership knowledge and skills.
The Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL) is a 30-credit hour program designed for experienced professionals wanting the practical knowledge and skills for leading people engaged in large scale innovation, change and transformation initiatives within organizations. It is particularly appropriate for technical and functional specialists who are preparing for greater leadership responsibilities of project teams and groups. HR professionals responsible for developing leadership talent and internal or external consultants involved in large projects will also find the program invaluable. Up to 9 credits can be taken during the student’s undergraduate degree.
The Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA) is a 33 credit hour program designed for individuals who desire the analytical skills, technologies, practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive business planning. The aim of this program is to educate tomorrow’s leader in acquiring diverse technical skill sets, including building data repositories, techniques to visualize the data, designing statistical models, developing and implementing predictive models, building optimization models and using IT to analyze the data that can be helpful making effective strategic decisions. Up to 12 credits can be taken during the student’s undergraduate degree.
Master of Science in Aviation Leadership (MSAL) – The MS in Aviation Leadership (MSAL) is designed for individuals who desire the practical knowledge and skills for leading people in management, human resources, and sales within the international aviation industry. Master of Science in Aviation Leadership (MSAL) – The MS in Aviation Leadership (MSAL) is designed for individuals who desire the practical knowledge and skills for leading people in management, human resources, and sales within the international aviation industry.
Jacksonville University offers the following dual degree programs:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA)/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Applied Business Analytics (MSABA)/Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (MSOL)
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI)/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Science in Sport Management (MSSM)/Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Why choose the Bachelors + Grad Program?
- Earn two degrees in just 5 years! Do not wait, get your education now!
- Plan for the future. Have security in knowing where you will earn your Bachelor and Master degrees from day one.
- Waive the GMAT/GRE requirement! Most Masters Programs require a GMAT or GRE for admission but with this 4+1 program that requirement is waived!
- Top Accreditations! Jacksonville University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The Davis College of Business is also accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) – the highest international accreditation a business school anywhere in the world can receive!
- More competitive in the workforce. These days more and more people earn their Bachelor’s degree but the way to differentiate yourself is with a graduate business degree.
- Earn a versatile degree. The concepts and theories you learn in a graduate program can be used in so many fields. Of course an MBA will help you in the corporate world, but your management and leadership skills can be applied to any field!
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to participate in the 4+1 Grad2Grad Program at JU?
The program is designed for highly-motivated students. The graduate school at the Davis College of Business reviews the admissions transcript for all students who meet this initial qualification and extends offers of admission to those students they believe exhibit the highest potential for success in the program. If you have not been invited to participate but your academic qualifications are close, talk to admissions to see if you can still participate and request a review of your transcript.
Is there anything I have to do to maintain my eligibility?
As long as you maintain a 3.0 GPA during your undergraduate studies, you will remain eligible to participate in the program and enter your graduate degree business program.
How do I sign up?
If you have received a Conditional Offer of Acceptance letter from the Dean, you may contact your Admissions Officer and confirm your seat in the program or respond to the confirmation email that will be sent to you. If you have not been offered admission but would like to be considered, please contact admissions to discuss a review of your transcript.
Do I have to do my undergraduate degree in business in order to participate in this program?
No, you may major in any degree you like! The business graduate programs at Jacksonville University is not just a business degree – it is a degree in leadership. Successful students in any degree program are able to enhance the value of the undergraduate study with a JU graduate business degree. A student in fine arts, health sciences or humanities will all find themselves working in the world and the JU MBA, MSOL or MSABA will help them navigate their chosen industry, build the skills to become leaders in their own fields, and understand how to excel in their own careers.
If I am not majoring in business for my undergraduate degree, will I need to take business foundation courses prior to starting my MBA?
Just about every undergraduate degree requires electives. Students in the 4+1 Program use their electives to take a few fundamental business courses (accounting, economics, finance, and statistics) in order to complete the MBA foundation course requirements. The courses would still count towards your 120 credits for your undergrad so it's a win-win. Even if for some reason you are unable to take these courses while you are an undergraduate student, the Davis College of Business academic counselors will work with you to fuse your foundation courses into your MBA curriculum and still allow you to graduate on time.
Once I start my MBA, MSOL or MSABA how long will it take?
We have a carefully designed cohort style delivery which means we guarantee your graduating with your MBA in just 12 months as long as you follow the prescribed schedule.
I plan on double majoring so I may take more than four years to complete my bachelor degrees. Is that a problem for the 4+1?
No problem at all. You may start your graduate program after you graduate.
I am a student athlete. If I want to play while pursuing my MBA, MSOL, MSABA how will that work?
Currently, we have many athletes in our graduate programs. Your advisor and coach will work together to find the best way for you to get your education and play your sport. We will make it work!
How much does the program cost to participate?
Tuition for an MBA is approximately $800 per credit hour (2020-21) and usually takes two years to complete. By participating in the 4+1 Program, you eliminate and entire year of classes– cutting your graduate degree times in half compared to a typical program.
Does my current merit scholarship cover the cost of the graduate MBA program? Are there additional scholarships available?
Your current merit scholarship covers only the tuition and/or room and board of your undergraduate degree. However, in addition to saving a year of graduate tuition, we also have scholarships available to eligible students for the 4+1 MBA program. We offer a variety of scholarships and assistantships for the MBA program. Scholarships may range from as much as $5,000 or even $10,000. We also offer assistantships where you work for the Davis College of Business 10-20 hours per week. In exchange you have up to half of your tuition paid in addition to a small stipend to cover the cost of books.