- CTL Home
- Faculty Professional Development
- Faculty development programs
- scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Sotl in 10 minutes
- New Faculty
- Academic Technology Support
- Intellectual Property
SoTL in 10 minutes
Every day this week, SoTL in 10 minutes will focus on a different subset of faculty and that ever elusive work-life balance. Just because you aren’t a member of that day’s focus group doesn’t mean the links and articles don’t apply to you, so check them all out.
- New faculty: From the UCLA Faculty Diversity and Development office. Very comprehensive, divided into logical sections, bulleted summaries throughout.
- Junior faculty: Though written by a junior faculty in a medical school, his advice is universal and sound.
- Tenured faculty: The National Institute for Faculty Equity has a page of organized links to help the tenured professor get past the high of T&P and into a productive and fruitful career. After tenure is not a time to ramp it down, it is a time to be focused in ramping it up – but with balance.
- Women and Minorities: Sometimes members of this group (1) are asked to serve because they are a woman or a minority (or both), (2) feel they have to do it all – supermom syndrome, or (3) feel like they have something to prove. Here are a couple of perspectives to help keep you sane!