- Completed Projects
- Current & Ongoing
- Oyster Reef Assessment
- Coral Reef Restoration
- Biomechanical Assessment of Athletes
- Mobile Water Quality Monitoring
- Jacksonville Self-Guided Tour Application
- Law Enforcement Recruitment Strategy
- J Bike: Bike Share Program
- Renew Arlington
- Influence of Changing Land Use in Lower St. Johns River
- Athletic Performance Enhancement
- Patient Acting
- Perception in Action
- The Science Of...
Athletic Performance Enhancement
An athlete’s physical prowess is a major factor in his/her performance. Research demonstrates that psychological factors, such as the speed and accuracy of an athlete’s decision-making, separate top performers from others. The project would determine if the decision-making of top athletes can be replicated in other athletes to improve their athletic performance. It will also help develop a valid and reliable sport training simulation and learning protocol that will increase the rate of decision making proficiency in novice and near-expert athletes to match the information acquisition, cues utilization, and decision making strategies of much superior athletes.
- create a simulated performance environment and record the eye-tracking behaviors, physical movements and decision making tendencies of the experts in action.
- differentiate relative expert and novice performers characteristics and how they translate to enhanced decision making.
- Mobile eye-tracking technology lend itself to an unparalleled insights into cognitive processes underlying attention, learning, and memory.