- Prof. Kimberly Beasley presented her research titled “Street Scene, an American Opera,
as high art/low art: tenement life, musical languages, and other blurred boundaries”at
the South Atlantic Modern Language Association in
- Prof. Artie Clifton led the First Coast Wind Symphony and members of the Jacksonville University Wind Ensemble in a 2017 summer concert tour of Austria including performances in Salzburg and Vienna.
- Dr. Shannon Lockwood participated with the 2017 Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music in Santa Cruz, California.
- Dr. Marguerite Richardson is a featured presenter at the 2018 Florida Music Educators Association Conference.
- Dr. Mark Snyder performed his multimedia work Calena at the 2017 Society of Composers Inc. National Convention. His multimedia song cycle Facets of Love was performed with Figura Ensemble at the Danish Royal Academy of Music in Copenhagen Denmark in May 2017.
- Dr. Timothy Snyder led the JU Choirs in a 2016 summer concert tour of Italy including performances in Venice, Florence, Lucca and Rome.
- Dr. Scott Watkins presented research on American composer Howard Hanson to the Northwest Regional and National Conferences of the College Music Society in 2017; his new edition of Hanson’s previously unpublished piano work “Symphony Rhapsody” has been published by Carl Fischer.