SACSCOC Regional Accreditation
Jacksonville University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, call 904-256-7030 for questions about the accreditation of Jacksonville University.
Normal inquiries about JU, such as admission requirements, financial aid, and educational programs, should be addressed directly to JU and not the SACSCOC office.
SACSCOC is the regional accrediting body for colleges and universities in 11 Southern states and Latin America for institutions of higher education. It is recognized by both the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that JU:
- Has a mission appropriate to higher education,
- Possesses resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission,
- Maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees it offers, and
- Demonstrates success in achieving its stated objectives
SACSCOC accreditation allows Jacksonville University to maintain eligibility for state and federal funds, including student financial aid through the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation is important for the acceptance and transfer of college credits, and receipt of a degree from an accredited undergraduate institution is a standard prerequisite for admission to most graduate programs.
The Executive Director of Institutional Analytics, Effectiveness, and Strategic Planning serves as the SACSCOC accreditation liaison for the university and serves as the principal contact person for the Commission. The liaison is responsible for assuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into planning and evaluation processes of the institution, notifying the Commission in advance of substantive changes, and maintaining all records related to the institution’s SACSCOC accreditation.
In January 2020, Jacksonville University began the process of preparing for reaffirmation of its SACSCOC accreditation in 2023. For further information about the reaffirmation process, please visit 2023 Reaffirmation.
As part of our public disclosure requirements, SACSCOC requests that JU publish both
information on Student Achievement and the Educational Programs we offer.
Institutional Guidelines and Policies Related to SACSCOC
- Accreditation Style Guide
- Board of Trustees Self-Evaluation Policy and Instrument
- Census Date Policy
- Credit Hour Policy
- Cross-Listing Undergraduate and Graduate Courses Policy [DRAFT]
- Faculty Credentialing Policy [DRAFT]
- Guidelines for Deactivating and Terminating Academic Degree Programs
- Mission Review Policy DRAFT
- Qualifications of Academic Program Coordinators Policy [DRAFT]
- Substantive Change Policy [DRAFT]
- Certification of Credentials and Qualifications for Faculty Appointments [DRAFT]
- Certification of Qualifications for an Academic Program Director Appointment Form [DRAFT]
- Statement of Alternative Faculty Qualifications Form [DRAFT]